Those of you who work...

I'm interested to know how many of the working autistic population (on here at least) work full time. I changed to working part time 4 years ago, pre-diagnosis, because I kept burning out (normal in the job I was doing so didn't attribute it to autism until I was diagnosed and looked back). Now I'm looking at my career prospects post-diagnosis as in many ways I feel more confident in myself since I know I'm not just "lacking resilience" (anyone else had that thrown at them?). 

I just don't know if considering working full time again is truly realistic. Interested to know what other people's experiences are. 

Parents
  • Michelle it's interesting you say that as I've always been full-time my whole life. This year I went part time so I can branch out. Ready to go back to full time. Just not quite yet lol Joy

• I feel like I have less excuse to be part time now my youngest child is in school, but it wasn't a decision about childcare in the first place. It was about my own sanity and health. I'm only 32 though and I feel like certain doors may start to close if I don't take the opportunities now. 

• Yeah but to be fair you have quite a good excuse. It's not like you've been sitting on your Tod. Oh well that's the exciting thing about change you never know what's round the corner! Thinking

Reply Children
No Data