Musical Theatre

One of my big loves has to be Musical Theatre - I've always had an interest in theatre ever since I was younger and always enjoy a visit to see a musical/play either locally or on the West End. I also hope to one day work within the industry, I do stage crew at a local theatre already but hoping that the volunteering experience from that will help to turn it into a career.

I was just wondering if anyone else shared the interest too? If so what are your favourite shows to go see? :) 

Parents
  • I worked in Theatre  very briefly about 20 years ago. I loved it but as undiagnosed Autistic,  I struggled and couldn't understand why. Theatre is such a wonderful environment.  Especially touring Theatre because it's such a close knit community. Having now worked in 'the normal world' for so many years, I'm definitely the worse for wear. I'm currently dealing with my health and seriously considering moving back to either Theatre itself, or something parallel which allows me to focus on creativity rather than what I have to deal with at the moment. 

As a suggestion, anyone interested in going into Theatre, please be careful of the roles that you take on. There are some very shifty people out there. If your looking for a reputable source of jobs, look at the Stage ( I promise this isn't SPAM) I'm sure there are others. This just happens to be the one I know of. It not only discusses what is happening in the UK Theatre world, it also has job listings,  and offers guidance on what to be weary of.

• I worked in Theatre  very briefly about 20 years ago. I loved it but as undiagnosed Autistic,  I struggled and couldn't understand why. Theatre is such a wonderful environment.  Especially touring Theatre because it's such a close knit community. Having now worked in 'the normal world' for so many years, I'm definitely the worse for wear. I'm currently dealing with my health and seriously considering moving back to either Theatre itself, or something parallel which allows me to focus on creativity rather than what I have to deal with at the moment. 

As a suggestion, anyone interested in going into Theatre, please be careful of the roles that you take on. There are some very shifty people out there. If your looking for a reputable source of jobs, look at the Stage ( I promise this isn't SPAM) I'm sure there are others. This just happens to be the one I know of. It not only discusses what is happening in the UK Theatre world, it also has job listings,  and offers guidance on what to be weary of.

Children
No Data