Musical Theatre

One of my big loves has to be Musical Theatre - I've always had an interest in theatre ever since I was younger and always enjoy a visit to see a musical/play either locally or on the West End. I also hope to one day work within the industry, I do stage crew at a local theatre already but hoping that the volunteering experience from that will help to turn it into a career.

I was just wondering if anyone else shared the interest too? If so what are your favourite shows to go see? :) 

Parents
  • Hi,

i love all theatre however my social anxiety means i don't go to the theatre very often. 

what is it like volunteering as stage crew? sounds fun

have you seen hairspray? i absolutely love the songs however i have never seen it.

• Hi,

i love all theatre however my social anxiety means i don't go to the theatre very often. 

what is it like volunteering as stage crew? sounds fun

have you seen hairspray? i absolutely love the songs however i have never seen it.

Children
  • Hi Piggy1405!

Volunteering is very fun I’d say. I mainly follow spot, which I have grown fond of that role. A typical one show day can vary but many have been from 10am - 10pm, and it includes the get in, tech/dress rehearsal, performance and then get out (so a very long day!) but nothing beats the feeling of creating a piece of theatre, gives me such a buzz Relaxed

I have seen Hairspray actually, I managed to see its revival a few months back in the West End, I also enjoy the music!