job interview

hi,

I have a job interview on Tuesday for a weekend library assistant in my local library. I don't know what to expect and everything I am reading is making my anxiety worse. is it true that I have to do general chit-chat at the beginning? I don't want to be unprepared, as questions that I am not expecting cause me anxiety. any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Parents
  • The chit chat at the beginning of some interviews is meant to put you at your ease. A question like: 'how was your journey?,  for most NTs would relax them and make them feel at home. It's actually designed as an attempt to get the most out if a candidate.

But we, of course, don't do chit chat and don't know what to do with it. 

I'm wondering whether you disclosed autism on your application form? Can you have a word with HR beforehand. They shouldn't be scoring your performance on the chit chat bit.

• I tend avoid saying I'm autistic till after the interview process these days usually makes it a smoother process I don't even pit it on my CV cause I've noticed the amount of rejection you get from it. But as soon as I took at off I noticed a difference. But hey as I've always said NTs tend to favour autistic women over autistic men. They see autistic women as being kind helpful and useful Autisic men they veiw as angry violent and a liability which isn't true and very unfair.

• I tend avoid saying I'm autistic till after the interview process these days usually makes it a smoother process I don't even pit it on my CV cause I've noticed the amount of rejection you get from it. But as soon as I took at off I noticed a difference. But hey as I've always said NTs tend to favour autistic women over autistic men. They see autistic women as being kind helpful and useful Autisic men they veiw as angry violent and a liability which isn't true and very unfair.

Children
No Data