All my posts are being monitored ?

After making a non pc comment i now can't post it adds me to a que then it never gets uploaded.

Parents
  • Not aimed at the OP but anyone in general...I did a counselling course a few years ago and we learned about communication and listening.  The idea being that, it's not the intention of the message, but how it's received which is more significant. One could mean well, but if the other person gets offended....it doesnt necessarily mean its one's  fault but i think it should be up to one to apologise. This is no fault of anyone's. You can't always say something and know how the other person will react but quite often you can have a pretty good guess depending on what is bring said.. And this doesn't mean you can devoid yourself of all responsibility and blame it on how the other person interpreted it. (Just to say, I am not directing this at any specific person).

I've learned this and it's helped with my partner if I said or did something uninteionally offensive. It's not about getting defensive but apologising and taking other people's feelings into account.  

I do think some people can use "autistic bluntness" as an excuse. 

• There is nothing wrong with having opinions that vary from the majority. Everyone has the right to their own opinion.

There's plenty wrong in saying that anyone who disagrees with you is bad, stupid, a Nazi storm trooper, a weak wristed lefty snowflake, a far-right remoaner, a communist agitator, being paid to say so by the Tazmanian government, is a fifth columnist etc, 

We really should show respect to each other.

• aye maybe so, but perhaps the explosion is larger than they imagined and it ends up hurting their feelings much more than they thought and last a long time lol

sometimes the way around them wanting that is to go harsher than they could have imagined, to teach a lesson to not kick things thinking they are smart asses, because the thing they kick could well be a nuclear bomb much more potent than they could handle and leave them with egg on their face wishing theyd never kicked it in the first place and thus knowing to not do that to anything again.

• That doesn't seem like a  good idea. Tit for tat just escalates into full out war.

If someone is purposefully winding you up then you owe it to yourself to not get wound up, and politely offer your viewpoint, don't let them manipulate you. That would drive them crazy, you exploding will have them in fits of giggles. Sometimes people love to cause other people to go off like a volcano and then point them out to mods, it does happen. 

• That doesn't seem like a  good idea. Tit for tat just escalates into full out war.

If someone is purposefully winding you up then you owe it to yourself to not get wound up, and politely offer your viewpoint, don't let them manipulate you. That would drive them crazy, you exploding will have them in fits of giggles. Sometimes people love to cause other people to go off like a volcano and then point them out to mods, it does happen. 

Children
  • aye maybe so, but perhaps the explosion is larger than they imagined and it ends up hurting their feelings much more than they thought and last a long time lol

sometimes the way around them wanting that is to go harsher than they could have imagined, to teach a lesson to not kick things thinking they are smart asses, because the thing they kick could well be a nuclear bomb much more potent than they could handle and leave them with egg on their face wishing theyd never kicked it in the first place and thus knowing to not do that to anything again.