All my posts are being monitored ?

After making a non pc comment i now can't post it adds me to a que then it never gets uploaded.

Parents
  • Not aimed at the OP but anyone in general...I did a counselling course a few years ago and we learned about communication and listening.  The idea being that, it's not the intention of the message, but how it's received which is more significant. One could mean well, but if the other person gets offended....it doesnt necessarily mean its one's  fault but i think it should be up to one to apologise. This is no fault of anyone's. You can't always say something and know how the other person will react but quite often you can have a pretty good guess depending on what is bring said.. And this doesn't mean you can devoid yourself of all responsibility and blame it on how the other person interpreted it. (Just to say, I am not directing this at any specific person).

I've learned this and it's helped with my partner if I said or did something uninteionally offensive. It's not about getting defensive but apologising and taking other people's feelings into account.  

I do think some people can use "autistic bluntness" as an excuse. 

• Exactly. I'm a big believer in the importance of taking intention into account, but if someone is hurt by your words or actions then you still have to take responsibility for them. We're all allowed to make mistakes and should be forgiving where we can, but if you've hurt someone - even unintentionally - then you need to own that. Exactly, 'Autistic bluntness' is used as an excuse far too often. Honesty is important but there is a point where 'honesty' becomes unkindness. We should never be unkind. I'm a primary school teacher, and that is one of the first lessons we teach.

• This reply was deleted.
  • Exactly, if OP didn't enjoy the fact that they were being provocative, they wouldn't be going on like this.

• You are responsible for your own actions and emotions. You are deliberately using words to provoke. Your aware that your inflicting harm and by your comments you enjoy it.     

• No, that is not what I said at all. This has absolutely nothing to do with left- or right-wing. It has to do with kind and unkind, and taking responsibility when your words have hurt somebody. As a teacher, this is one of the most important lessons I pass on to children in my class.

Hurting someone inadvertently does not make you a rubbish person; we all do it. Having differing opinions is good and what makes the world interesting. It's how you handle yourself when people are hurt by your words or actions that matters.

As for 'censoring' and comments being deleted or members on here facing sanctions for posting comments with certain content, that has nothing to do with me, that's up to the moderators. Even if I wanted comments to be deleted, I would have no (or at least, very little) say in it.

• No, that is not what I said at all. This has absolutely nothing to do with left- or right-wing. It has to do with kind and unkind, and taking responsibility when your words have hurt somebody. As a teacher, this is one of the most important lessons I pass on to children in my class.

Hurting someone inadvertently does not make you a rubbish person; we all do it. Having differing opinions is good and what makes the world interesting. It's how you handle yourself when people are hurt by your words or actions that matters.

As for 'censoring' and comments being deleted or members on here facing sanctions for posting comments with certain content, that has nothing to do with me, that's up to the moderators. Even if I wanted comments to be deleted, I would have no (or at least, very little) say in it.

Children
No Data