Is Autism 'a man's world'?

Please know that I'm not writing this to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative, or to have a go at anyone here, but I just feel so isolated as an Autistic woman. Most other Autistic people I've engaged with are men, and seem to have quite a different presentation and outlook on life to me. They are often very blunt, whereas I'm not. When I get emotional, they don't seem to understand - I've been accused of 'emotionally exploding', for example, simply for expressing that I felt uncomfortable with a conversation. It's more than that, though, to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to explain in logical terms...I just don't feel I fit in in the Autism world or the neurotypical world, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm female. Does anyone else feel this way?

Parents
  • The world is a man's world tbh...They've always been in charge Persevere It's tiring...

• I think we should hand over control to the women, can't be any worse than this surely Slight smile

• I think we should hand over control to the women

Absolutely not.

I'm only interested in a person's competence and ability to do a job - just handing things to people because of their gender is crazy.

• add a block function so i can solve it then instead of listen to that guys complete utter degrading nonsense. amazed this site doesnt have a basic feature like blocking lol

• This is a reminder of rule number 4:

'Be nice to one another and enjoy chatting with others. We encourage conversation and respectful debate; please be aware that individuals may give opinions which are not shared by other members. Insulting posts or comments making personal jibes will not be tolerated.' 

• one of it’s grand masters Yip Man formulated for students the following codes of conduct:

yeah wing chun isnt unified and never will be. there is no scammer central authority of it to say what is what. you train, you fight, you learn, you progress and grow as a person. which i suppose is part of this, in wing chun each teacher teaches independently... there is no official unified system or grade but individual teachers can make grade system if they so wish. its about the individual, you learn, then when you teach you teach it your way. and you use it in whatever way you wish to use it too. it is merely a tool, for development, and defence, and it is there to accompany you in life whatever path you take..

its also clear to note that yip man also said to not teach wing chun to none chinese because wing chun is for chinese only and he was very strict on that which is what caused alot of division and what caused infighting until bruce lee shown them how much western money they can easily make, then they all ran out with greed in their eyes to spread it. they was not ethical, they didnt love their feelow students, they were pretty damned racist and unethical.... and wing chun when you cut the bullshit and find the reality, was made to break the law and was a system made in tight spaces to be taught to rebels during a martial arts ban. its sole purpose was to get around the law and be taught in secret and break the law, and its practioners were all pretty racial supremacists lol you cannot speak about ethics on this when none of the origin of these things actually has any ethics at all. the fact there is so many lies and stories about lineages and origins shows a lack of ethics, as dishonesty is unethical... theres no ethics in martial arts, just like there is no ethics in a fight for your life, just as the world is dog eat dog. if you accept this reality you could perhaps grow through seeing the truth, or perhaps turn more cynical, but cynicism is perhaps a sign you have been lead to a correct path. question everything, everything is a lie. nothing is moral, nothing is ethical. everyone is a liar to push whatever they want to. the world is dark, people have ulterior motives, every single breath in life is a fight, every action is a struggle, every other persons word is a lie and ethics too is just a lie and a sad attempt for people to frame themselves as the good guy.

• one of it’s grand masters Yip Man formulated for students the following codes of conduct:

yeah wing chun isnt unified and never will be. there is no scammer central authority of it to say what is what. you train, you fight, you learn, you progress and grow as a person. which i suppose is part of this, in wing chun each teacher teaches independently... there is no official unified system or grade but individual teachers can make grade system if they so wish. its about the individual, you learn, then when you teach you teach it your way. and you use it in whatever way you wish to use it too. it is merely a tool, for development, and defence, and it is there to accompany you in life whatever path you take..

its also clear to note that yip man also said to not teach wing chun to none chinese because wing chun is for chinese only and he was very strict on that which is what caused alot of division and what caused infighting until bruce lee shown them how much western money they can easily make, then they all ran out with greed in their eyes to spread it. they was not ethical, they didnt love their feelow students, they were pretty damned racist and unethical.... and wing chun when you cut the bullshit and find the reality, was made to break the law and was a system made in tight spaces to be taught to rebels during a martial arts ban. its sole purpose was to get around the law and be taught in secret and break the law, and its practioners were all pretty racial supremacists lol you cannot speak about ethics on this when none of the origin of these things actually has any ethics at all. the fact there is so many lies and stories about lineages and origins shows a lack of ethics, as dishonesty is unethical... theres no ethics in martial arts, just like there is no ethics in a fight for your life, just as the world is dog eat dog. if you accept this reality you could perhaps grow through seeing the truth, or perhaps turn more cynical, but cynicism is perhaps a sign you have been lead to a correct path. question everything, everything is a lie. nothing is moral, nothing is ethical. everyone is a liar to push whatever they want to. the world is dark, people have ulterior motives, every single breath in life is a fight, every action is a struggle, every other persons word is a lie and ethics too is just a lie and a sad attempt for people to frame themselves as the good guy.

Children
No Data