Is Autism 'a man's world'?

Please know that I'm not writing this to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative, or to have a go at anyone here, but I just feel so isolated as an Autistic woman. Most other Autistic people I've engaged with are men, and seem to have quite a different presentation and outlook on life to me. They are often very blunt, whereas I'm not. When I get emotional, they don't seem to understand - I've been accused of 'emotionally exploding', for example, simply for expressing that I felt uncomfortable with a conversation. It's more than that, though, to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to explain in logical terms...I just don't feel I fit in in the Autism world or the neurotypical world, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm female. Does anyone else feel this way?

Parents
  • hmmm internet and real life are different though.
    the people talking online would probably be the people who dont say a word in real life. typing and writing is a more direct passage to a persons thoughts and brain without the barrier of vocalisation to hold them back. and most autisits would be very held back vocally and thus wont say much irl, and so in that case in person you would probably get along with them more than NTs in person. as in person the NT is more likely to say or do stuff you wont like while the autist would be more quiet and none vocal. so youd get along with everyone more in person.

and generally the autist type is usually the type that gets banned and censored from all other social media and platforms for being that blunt and putting facts above feelings or simply not knowing how the facts could hurt peoples feelings. 

as for emotionally exploding, males do that too, but males generally have to mask that or change it into something cooler, as showing any emotion to a man is weak and soft, unless its anger, thats totally ok and cool so long as it doesnt skew your logic and bork your argument then its uncool. emotionally males have to appear to be more stoic. but we do feel lotta emotion and do flip and throw things and go out of control, just we do that unseen out of sight from others. alpha wolf that shows weakness of any kind will be ripped to shreds by the betas who all want to get ahead of him and be the new alpha.

• You've got some very strange, and some very outdated, ideas. 

• outdated to say that the way people are online is different to the way they are in person? 
    dunno, could be outdated, but being outdated doesnt mean its not true.... online i can find millions of things to say, i can write essays upon essays.... real life you will struggle to get 1 single word from me.... and if you do get something from me it probably wont count as a word but rather as a random tic phrase lol

• I dare say you and I are never going to get along, JustMe.

Your definitely right there, I'm not good with people who think they're superior. 

I gravitate towards creative minds with thought-​provoking conversation. I have an aversion for the bland and unoriginal

And yet you type an awful lot of blame and unoriginal stuff. Strange. 

I popped back to see if anything sensible had been added to this thread. I see it hasn't so I'm off again. 

• I dare say you and I are never going to get along, JustMe.

Your definitely right there, I'm not good with people who think they're superior. 

I gravitate towards creative minds with thought-​provoking conversation. I have an aversion for the bland and unoriginal

And yet you type an awful lot of blame and unoriginal stuff. Strange. 

I popped back to see if anything sensible had been added to this thread. I see it hasn't so I'm off again. 

Children
No Data