Is Autism 'a man's world'?

Please know that I'm not writing this to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative, or to have a go at anyone here, but I just feel so isolated as an Autistic woman. Most other Autistic people I've engaged with are men, and seem to have quite a different presentation and outlook on life to me. They are often very blunt, whereas I'm not. When I get emotional, they don't seem to understand - I've been accused of 'emotionally exploding', for example, simply for expressing that I felt uncomfortable with a conversation. It's more than that, though, to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to explain in logical terms...I just don't feel I fit in in the Autism world or the neurotypical world, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm female. Does anyone else feel this way?

Parents Reply Children

• who am i mocking here? .....ill chalk it down to you being a more severe case of autism if you couldnt spot this as a friendly social interaction. but yeah this one was pretty obvious to anyone else.

edit: unless you hate the song, then yeah sorry about that lol

Asking who you are mocking and then by way of apology mocking them with the Laugh Out Loud acronym ~ that was completely and utterly out of order.

• who am i mocking here? .....ill chalk it down to you being a more severe case of autism if you couldnt spot this as a friendly social interaction. but yeah this one was pretty obvious to anyone else.

edit: unless you hate the song, then yeah sorry about that lol