Is Autism 'a man's world'?

Please know that I'm not writing this to be deliberately inflammatory or provocative, or to have a go at anyone here, but I just feel so isolated as an Autistic woman. Most other Autistic people I've engaged with are men, and seem to have quite a different presentation and outlook on life to me. They are often very blunt, whereas I'm not. When I get emotional, they don't seem to understand - I've been accused of 'emotionally exploding', for example, simply for expressing that I felt uncomfortable with a conversation. It's more than that, though, to be honest I'm finding it quite hard to explain in logical terms...I just don't feel I fit in in the Autism world or the neurotypical world, and I'm wondering if this is because I'm female. Does anyone else feel this way?

Parents
  • The world is a man's world tbh...They've always been in charge Persevere It's tiring...

• I think we should hand over control to the women, can't be any worse than this surely Slight smile

• And here come the Tedium Crew to respond, just like clockwork!

• Yeah, I agree with that. There's a purpose for everything and everyone. And it's better to have a maverick in government than the usual fake career politician. But she's not a maverick. She's very much a fake career politician. It's just that she's not a smart one.

And the problem with using a monster to catch a monster is that at some point, you lose control of the monster...

• No, no, no. Trump was not a monster. He was outspoken and divisive, and politically incorrect (which I loved about him) but he wasn't evil and manipulative like Patel. She makes my skin crawl. She's cut from the same cloth as Hancock, and it's a sinister material.

• but perhaps sometimes you need a monster to fight a even greater monster. pritti is the only politician i know of who has so openly spoken against critical race theory and branded it a racist work that needs to be banned and stopped being taught as a positive thing in schools. she could fix the mess certain radicals have made.... while no one else is brave enough to do so. so perhaps we need a monster to face these things and change them, for no one else is brave enough to stand against the other stuff like patel is.... i bet the only reason she could speak against it and get this far is because shes both a indian and a woman, which grants her some protection against the racists of the critical race theory. being both woman and so called minority makes her the only one who can legit fight against that stuff. no one else can... .a white male cannot because that stuff preaches hate against the white male as their intended target for the future holdomor they have planned.

• She might, very well,  be our Trump; for the reasons Caleus laid out.

• Urghh... Pritti Patel? No way. She's not human. She's a monster.

Reply Children
  • Yeah, I agree with that. There's a purpose for everything and everyone. And it's better to have a maverick in government than the usual fake career politician. But she's not a maverick. She's very much a fake career politician. It's just that she's not a smart one.

And the problem with using a monster to catch a monster is that at some point, you lose control of the monster...

• No, no, no. Trump was not a monster. He was outspoken and divisive, and politically incorrect (which I loved about him) but he wasn't evil and manipulative like Patel. She makes my skin crawl. She's cut from the same cloth as Hancock, and it's a sinister material.

• but perhaps sometimes you need a monster to fight a even greater monster. pritti is the only politician i know of who has so openly spoken against critical race theory and branded it a racist work that needs to be banned and stopped being taught as a positive thing in schools. she could fix the mess certain radicals have made.... while no one else is brave enough to do so. so perhaps we need a monster to face these things and change them, for no one else is brave enough to stand against the other stuff like patel is.... i bet the only reason she could speak against it and get this far is because shes both a indian and a woman, which grants her some protection against the racists of the critical race theory. being both woman and so called minority makes her the only one who can legit fight against that stuff. no one else can... .a white male cannot because that stuff preaches hate against the white male as their intended target for the future holdomor they have planned.

• She might, very well,  be our Trump; for the reasons Caleus laid out.