marriage and relationships

I have been on the forum for a couple of years and noticed the majority of posters seem to be married or in a relationship .This may be a sweeping statement and may not be true.

What Is baffling is how people ever marry or live with someone with a diagnosis of a spectrum disorder . The discussions I had with my psychotherapist helped me realise why I am single ,

I could not compromise my routine as it helps me through the day . 

Parents
  • I suspect the vast majority on here are single - and it seems to be the older, 'undiagnosed until later life' ones that got further down the line of predictable NT-life before we either burned out or screwed up enough to be spotted.

I've known my wife since we met at senior school - married over 30 years now - we've grown up together - both of us were blank-slates so we have a lifetime of shared experiences.

• People cross the road when they see me , not just in the covid era either , Noticed this more after my later life burnout breakdown realising that anxiety was probably on their minds when they crossed the road as not everyone in this world hates me , But that is nice for you to have that support network without having conditions slapped all over you.

• People cross the road when they see me , not just in the covid era either , Noticed this more after my later life burnout breakdown realising that anxiety was probably on their minds when they crossed the road as not everyone in this world hates me , But that is nice for you to have that support network without having conditions slapped all over you.

Children