Greenham Common Women.

I've heard a lot of talk this last few years, about the evils of our overlords, but very, very, little in the way of "principles of resistance".

In that vein, I would like to publically salute the Women of Greenham common who endured extreme viscitudes for literally years on end to get a class of foreign theatre nuclear weapons removed from the soil of my country. If any of you have mothers who were a part of that movement, give them a little bit of respect for what they eventually accomplished.

Parents
  • I used to visit Greenham Common and Upper Heyford to take part in demonstrations. 

• thanks, the demos helped

• No. They achieved nothing - and the weekend protestors playing at being radicals were the worst.   

• Do not compute. I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion.

• There's a reason all those sci-fi villains can remind some of us of ourselves. 

I chose the motto "do no harm" to live by, when I realised I was in fact inclined to do harm, due to being semi-permanently annoyed/disappointed by life.

"Misery loves company" is a paradigm I was keen to break whenever I could. I've kept myself out of trouble by trying real hard not to take out my frustrations on the outside world. I may have difficulty being happy and well adjusted, there's absolutely nothing to be gained by taking it out on other people. (Unless they "come at me", then it's "self defence"..) 

• Participation prizes? 

You lost me there. What's that? 

It's where everyone, regardless of skill or merit, wins a prize - so totally devaluing any actual effort or hard work or skill or ability - and giving even the most incompetent a feeling of importance..      

• Participation prizes? 

• Yes, I have seen that autistic can have little to do with being all sweetness and light. Homo sap is a vicious little ape on the whole. 

Apex predator - highly dangerous.

• Everything today is divide and conquer - but you only have to look at the IQ curve to realise that the general population is very easy to manipulate and push around like farm animals.

• Yes, I have seen that autistic can have little to do with being all sweetness and light. Homo sap is a vicious little ape on the whole. 

• I was lucky enough to realise relatively early in life that my early life training had set me up to be a blight on humanity, and resolved not to be too assertive about even my most strongly held views. Over time of course, I've gained experience which has replaced early indoctrination and on the whole is more useful and reliable.

Of course, the carefully crafted "generation gap" conceived and inflicted on western society by the "hidden persuaders" of Vance Packards excellent little book, makes knowledge gained by age and experience increasingly untransmissible to the young, thus greatly weakening our society & culture as intended, but there's nothing I can do about that, except show people how the "political" sleight of hand works, occasionally.

• The problem is when you have marginalised groups, they are usually claiming to be 'downtrodden' by 'the system' so you get some very predictable views and when coupled with having a tough time at school, you know that anything hinting at politics will have the same players taking their typical positions - right or wrong - especially when they think there's SJW points to be earned.

• What a provocative little thread THIS turned out to be!

I genuinely had no intention to provoke or "troll".

We all (should) have Adult Autism/Aspergers, which means we all know a fair bit about persecution already. It can be easy to step beyond representing or defending a strongly held opinion, into trying to "shut down" a person, (very popular right now out there in "normie-land" I understand).

The golden rule of forums for me has been the more a post works me up, the more ?I take my time dealing with it. The internet for me is like a gun, an equaliser. It's a place where my Autistic lack of eloquence is no longer such a disability, because I can TAKE MY TIME and get my thoughts properly together, (such as they are). 

To throw away such an advantage, is silly in my opinion. Also, as time wears in, you'll find that that poster who you just KNOW is a class a idiot will suddenly have something in common with you and speak passionately about something on which you agree. If you've burned your bridges with them in a previous argument, it can be hard then to enjoy the good moment. 

Anyone who thinks that Jamming a bunch of Autistic people together will automatically create a safe space for us, is probably a bit more compromised in the thinking department that the average, but we ought to remember that THIS IS OUR HOUSE (metaphorically speaking) and whilst a few sharp words might be exchanged occasionally, these people are in a very real way, your extended "family", or at least "brothers in arms". 

For those who fancy a real fight, you can always join the Autistic Army and take it to the normies, who thouroughly deserve it in my opinion!

(now that last sentence is a bit of "trolling" or at least tongue in cheek speak).

Shadilay!

• And that's the problem - people grossly overestimating personal abilities - I guess that's from generations of participation prizes.

• Then maybe wishful and a few stinking vagrants  thinking is all we have to draw the necessary attention to what is happening. All good causes may well start with a few stinkinh vagrants

• Everyone knows war is bad - it goes without saying - but to imagine a bunch of stinking vagrants on the edge of an insignificant airbase on an island off Europe are remotely even memorable is a bit of wishful thinking..

• What we understood about these magnificent technologies, and you clearly don't, you and other little boys playing at war games in some childish peeing contest or comparing the size of your members, no sorry bombs, is that there are no winners in a nuclear war.

That's why it was dubbed as mad. Mutually assured destruction. And not just of humans, but of the whole eco system.

The fact you need to resort to childish insults about the people who actually tried to do something about it, tells me an awful lot about you. 

• "What a jolly wheeze - lets go and play at being radicals - but it smells down there with all those filthy beasts crapping all over the place so we'll only go when we're sure Tarquin and Emiliy can get their faces on TV because we're soooo 'right-on' we can tell all our tennis friends we're 'true' liberals."

If you don't understand the technologies involved and the way the world threats were changing and how different delivery systems were used, then you are just looking at a bunch of social misfits annoying people and sh1tting all over people's gardens.

• "What a jolly wheeze - lets go and play at being radicals - but it smells down there with all those filthy beasts crapping all over the place so we'll only go when we're sure Tarquin and Emiliy can get their faces on TV because we're soooo 'right-on' we can tell all our tennis friends we're 'true' liberals."

If you don't understand the technologies involved and the way the world threats were changing and how different delivery systems were used, then you are just looking at a bunch of social misfits annoying people and sh1tting all over people's gardens.

Children
  • Do not compute. I don't see how that is relevant to this discussion.

• There's a reason all those sci-fi villains can remind some of us of ourselves. 

I chose the motto "do no harm" to live by, when I realised I was in fact inclined to do harm, due to being semi-permanently annoyed/disappointed by life.

"Misery loves company" is a paradigm I was keen to break whenever I could. I've kept myself out of trouble by trying real hard not to take out my frustrations on the outside world. I may have difficulty being happy and well adjusted, there's absolutely nothing to be gained by taking it out on other people. (Unless they "come at me", then it's "self defence"..) 

• Participation prizes? 

It's where everyone, regardless of skill or merit, wins a prize - so totally devaluing any actual effort or hard work or skill or ability - and giving even the most incompetent a feeling of importance..      

• Participation prizes? 

Apex predator - highly dangerous.

• Everything today is divide and conquer - but you only have to look at the IQ curve to realise that the general population is very easy to manipulate and push around like farm animals.

• I was lucky enough to realise relatively early in life that my early life training had set me up to be a blight on humanity, and resolved not to be too assertive about even my most strongly held views. Over time of course, I've gained experience which has replaced early indoctrination and on the whole is more useful and reliable.

Of course, the carefully crafted "generation gap" conceived and inflicted on western society by the "hidden persuaders" of Vance Packards excellent little book, makes knowledge gained by age and experience increasingly untransmissible to the young, thus greatly weakening our society & culture as intended, but there's nothing I can do about that, except show people how the "political" sleight of hand works, occasionally.

• The problem is when you have marginalised groups, they are usually claiming to be 'downtrodden' by 'the system' so you get some very predictable views and when coupled with having a tough time at school, you know that anything hinting at politics will have the same players taking their typical positions - right or wrong - especially when they think there's SJW points to be earned.

• What a provocative little thread THIS turned out to be!

I genuinely had no intention to provoke or "troll".

We all (should) have Adult Autism/Aspergers, which means we all know a fair bit about persecution already. It can be easy to step beyond representing or defending a strongly held opinion, into trying to "shut down" a person, (very popular right now out there in "normie-land" I understand).

The golden rule of forums for me has been the more a post works me up, the more ?I take my time dealing with it. The internet for me is like a gun, an equaliser. It's a place where my Autistic lack of eloquence is no longer such a disability, because I can TAKE MY TIME and get my thoughts properly together, (such as they are). 

To throw away such an advantage, is silly in my opinion. Also, as time wears in, you'll find that that poster who you just KNOW is a class a idiot will suddenly have something in common with you and speak passionately about something on which you agree. If you've burned your bridges with them in a previous argument, it can be hard then to enjoy the good moment. 

Anyone who thinks that Jamming a bunch of Autistic people together will automatically create a safe space for us, is probably a bit more compromised in the thinking department that the average, but we ought to remember that THIS IS OUR HOUSE (metaphorically speaking) and whilst a few sharp words might be exchanged occasionally, these people are in a very real way, your extended "family", or at least "brothers in arms". 

For those who fancy a real fight, you can always join the Autistic Army and take it to the normies, who thouroughly deserve it in my opinion!

(now that last sentence is a bit of "trolling" or at least tongue in cheek speak).

Shadilay!

• And that's the problem - people grossly overestimating personal abilities - I guess that's from generations of participation prizes.

• Then maybe wishful and a few stinking vagrants  thinking is all we have to draw the necessary attention to what is happening. All good causes may well start with a few stinkinh vagrants

• Everyone knows war is bad - it goes without saying - but to imagine a bunch of stinking vagrants on the edge of an insignificant airbase on an island off Europe are remotely even memorable is a bit of wishful thinking..

• What we understood about these magnificent technologies, and you clearly don't, you and other little boys playing at war games in some childish peeing contest or comparing the size of your members, no sorry bombs, is that there are no winners in a nuclear war.

That's why it was dubbed as mad. Mutually assured destruction. And not just of humans, but of the whole eco system.

The fact you need to resort to childish insults about the people who actually tried to do something about it, tells me an awful lot about you.