slowly improving myself

So I have noticed recently my confidence out and about has improved and i am more chatty to people in shops. i can easily talk to my local model shop workers each time i visit (which seems to be weekly) and generally chat to the barista at costa. 

Before i never use to do all of that as i feel my autism makes me look different. and i started to realize i can't go on like that. i am constantly pushing myself at my own pace yet i cannot manage changes. i still panic about it. and not sure how to overcome it. i am 21 years of age and i feel stupid that i cannot manage change easily. 

I also want some tips on dating as an autistic/ person on the spectrum. I kinda watched stuff and messed up my thought process and i am constantly fighting urges. 
I am unsure how i can go from random chatting to actually a date. i am not very social online as in social media because i prefer in-person conversations. 

Parents
  • Good for you, Rhys. It always makes my heart sing to read that you are believing in yourself, and seeing positive improvements in your life.  It looks as if you are on your way to understanding and accepting yourself for who you are.  It's very difficult for us guys on the autistic spectrum to find like-minded partners and friends. Please be careful, though, if you're thinking of subscribing to an online dating site because certain individuals who are not genuine can join dating sites for the wrong reasons. Congratulations on your improved confidence and keep up the good progress!

• Good for you, Rhys. It always makes my heart sing to read that you are believing in yourself, and seeing positive improvements in your life.  It looks as if you are on your way to understanding and accepting yourself for who you are.  It's very difficult for us guys on the autistic spectrum to find like-minded partners and friends. Please be careful, though, if you're thinking of subscribing to an online dating site because certain individuals who are not genuine can join dating sites for the wrong reasons. Congratulations on your improved confidence and keep up the good progress!

Children