Need opinions.

Hi so I was wondering about whether I should start a blog about autism and trying to raise awareness. It's mainly to help me process but it would be nice for people to read it and make a bit of profit perhaps. 

However, the main question is would this be something people would be interested in reading? I want your opinions and any ideas (stuff you would read about).

Thanks guys!

Parents
  • I like reading about people's autism experiences and would read it. It's hard to make a living from blogging, so I would only do it if you'll also enjoy it, and that way if it makes money it's a bonus. Good luck with it. Slight smile

• Golly, it would be major stress to write well enough for selling advertisement on my blog.I think I will create a blog using OneOrangeMonkey.com as the domain name. I feel like an orange monkey in a huge troop of brown monkeys.

• Ohhhh that makes sense now. 

• I was contemplating what it would take to get a blog to pay--- I agree with you 100% that the effort (selling advertising, for example), is very much not worth the effort, not the annoyance it causes for readers. I am starting my own blog, as I liked your suggestion.

The "orange monkey" name is derived from experiments that evil scientists have done with monkeys--- they dyed one orange, then put it back into a cage with the brown ones from which it was taken. The brown monkeys immediately attacked the orange one. They pulled out the monkey's skin, denied it food and water, and "shunned" it so that the orange monkey had no companions, no help, and no defense. The orange monkey ended up crammed into a corner of the cage where it starved to death.

Some times I feel like the orange monkey.

• I was contemplating what it would take to get a blog to pay--- I agree with you 100% that the effort (selling advertising, for example), is very much not worth the effort, not the annoyance it causes for readers. I am starting my own blog, as I liked your suggestion.

The "orange monkey" name is derived from experiments that evil scientists have done with monkeys--- they dyed one orange, then put it back into a cage with the brown ones from which it was taken. The brown monkeys immediately attacked the orange one. They pulled out the monkey's skin, denied it food and water, and "shunned" it so that the orange monkey had no companions, no help, and no defense. The orange monkey ended up crammed into a corner of the cage where it starved to death.

Some times I feel like the orange monkey.

Children