GB News (New British News Network)

*Precision I have no political affiliation. I subscribe to no political dogma or movement. I have highlighted this new news channel as a much needed antidote to the partisan news we are currently subjected to. Will it be free from bias? No, but at least we all get to see the extremes of both sides of the political divide. I get my news from an entirely independant team  who are committed to delivering non-partisan, professional journalism. Breaking Points with Krystal and Saagar. It's a fearless anti-establishment Youtube show and podcast with contributors from across the political divide. Their aim is to cut through the media bias. Breaking Points Non-Partisan News & Analysis Precision*

Britain's got a new TV network. The new British network has vowed to fight "cancel culture" and reflect voices not heard in the partisan mainstream media and state-controlled BBC. A spokesperson for GB News said its aim was to "puncture the pomposity of our elites in politics, business, media and academia and expose their growing promotion of cancel culture for the threat to free speech and democracy that it is". 

Cancel Culture is the term given to left-wing and left-leaning attempts at suppressing of free expression and political diversity by permanently shaming and ostracising individuals who threaten their political and social orthodoxy. 

Parents
  • I believe in free speech but I find it ironic that a network that is unlikely to give airtime to views they don't like is painting itself as free speeches champion.

case in point. footballers choosing to kneel before a game, they're exercising free speech. those who choose to boo them also exercising free speech. People on the right too often use free speech as if it was a protection against their views being criticised. People on the left too often treat opinions they disagree with as personal attacks.

A prerequisite for intelligent constructive debate is each side accepting the other will say things they find objectionable and they need to address the other sides points rather than complaining that they shouldn't be allowed to make them.

• Does BBC News and Sky News give airtime to the opposing argument?

Reply Children