People saying "I wish you were normal"

First time posting here so I hope I'm doing it right. 

I've noticed a lot recently when my Mum talks to others about me or my brother having Autism people will often say things like "Oh they have something wrong with them" or "If only we could give them normal brains" and I'm standing there feeling like absolute crap cause then I think "Well I'm obviously useless so what's even the point of being Autistic and being alive. Then there's the sympathetic sad looks from people and the" Oh I'm so sorry for you" comments. It just really gets me down sometimes. I'm very proud of my Autism as it makes me who I am but when I hear the comments it's like a punch in the gut. 

Parents
  • When I was a younger and would speak my mind more, I used to respond “normal people don’t talk about other people like they’re aliens, aliens don’t exist, and I do exist so either you think I don’t exist or you believe in aliens, both only dumb people would think” let’s just say I got into a lot of trouble speaking my mind as a kid, now I just scoff and roll my eyes wondering how those idiots are still alive with their stupidity. I hate to say I’m used to it but sadly I am. Another thing that could be said against them is “at least I have a working brain, which by your views and understanding of how my brain works, doesn’t seem to be the case” an old friend of mine told a teacher that in high school a few years ago.

• When I was a younger and would speak my mind more, I used to respond “normal people don’t talk about other people like they’re aliens, aliens don’t exist, and I do exist so either you think I don’t exist or you believe in aliens, both only dumb people would think” let’s just say I got into a lot of trouble speaking my mind as a kid, now I just scoff and roll my eyes wondering how those idiots are still alive with their stupidity. I hate to say I’m used to it but sadly I am. Another thing that could be said against them is “at least I have a working brain, which by your views and understanding of how my brain works, doesn’t seem to be the case” an old friend of mine told a teacher that in high school a few years ago.

Children
No Data