scammers on dating sites

So, this woman, from the West Midlands, claims she is facing bankruptcy after losing £113,000 to a scammer she met on a dating site. The man, who claimed he lived nearby, told her he had gone abroad for an engineering contract in Ukraine and then convinced her he needed money. 

Parents
  • I feel for her, even the smartest people can still be scammed :( I hate that people do this to anyone, let alone someone lonely and vulnerable.

• I'm not so sure about that. I can understand online business scams.  But romantic dating sites? I don't think smart people join dating sites very often, and if they do, they certainly don't send large sums of money to people they've never met. I can only assume that she was so incredibly lonely and desperate for affection that she lost all common sense. If it's true, it's a terrible shame, but it's her own fault.

• Are you aware of the whole financial domination industry?        Lots of 'naughty' people willing to be scammed out of their cash?        It's big - and is a growth industry for enterprising young girls - especially if it's paying for their college funds...or underwear collection  Smiley

It's what dating sites are made for.......

• I teach you something new every day.   Smiley

Reply Children
No Data