Struggle with motivation and/or change of plan.

Recently I’ve become increasingly aware of what could be described as a lack of motivation. Only I don’t think it is that simple. I like to plan things to the nth degree (no surprise there) and usually start this process days or weeks in advance. If then on the day everything goes to plan, i.e deliveries turn up on time, people turn up on time and do what they are supposed to, etc, etc. All good! However, if something doesn’t go right, that’s it, I’m stumped. It’s like someone has turned me off.

I can sit on the sofa all day,  or knowing what to do, until I can get into a reorganisation phase and try again. A prime example is the garden building/home office project I’ve got at home at the moment. There are obviously 1000’s of things to do, if if I’ve planned steps 8,9,10, and the materials I need for 9 don’t turn up. That’s it, none starter. Although I could do bits of 11, 15 and 197.

I can’t decide if this is “normal”, I have low motivation or what’s going on.

Parents
  • I suffer from a lack of motivation every day. What helps me is using tools and methods that help me keep my focus. The one tool I use is to make lists of things I need to do to get a sense of what I need to achieve. The method that helps me is getting that one friend, family member or support adviser. You can ask them to help you get started, break projects into smaller ones, prompt you to help reach targets and asking different method ideas that work for you. It is like tricking yourself into someone who is helping you but you are really helping yourself.

There is no such thing as normal really but what someone may perceive is normal to them and that is ok. This is unique to each person and we all go through our own battles. I factor my low motivation on ADD: attention deficit disorder and autism but the factors can be different to someone else who is struggling with this.

I personally struggle with reading but use this software which is similar in how it works to the tools/methods mentioned above. It is called natural readers, it reads text for you and can highlight where you are in sentences. you can upload your documents on there as well. Press on the person speaking icon in the middle left taskbar, on there you can move to taps free and plus. This will allow you to change it to free but choosing a free speaker in that list. It can be found here: www.naturalreaders.com/.../

Reply Children