Struggle with motivation and/or change of plan.

Recently I’ve become increasingly aware of what could be described as a lack of motivation. Only I don’t think it is that simple. I like to plan things to the nth degree (no surprise there) and usually start this process days or weeks in advance. If then on the day everything goes to plan, i.e deliveries turn up on time, people turn up on time and do what they are supposed to, etc, etc. All good! However, if something doesn’t go right, that’s it, I’m stumped. It’s like someone has turned me off.

I can sit on the sofa all day,  or knowing what to do, until I can get into a reorganisation phase and try again. A prime example is the garden building/home office project I’ve got at home at the moment. There are obviously 1000’s of things to do, if if I’ve planned steps 8,9,10, and the materials I need for 9 don’t turn up. That’s it, none starter. Although I could do bits of 11, 15 and 197.

I can’t decide if this is “normal”, I have low motivation or what’s going on.

Parents
  • I can relate to some of this. I struggle to get started if there are too many options. I also think that I don't want things to go wrong so that puts me off even starting. If I have to do a DIY or garden or sewing project and can't get what I need or come up against a problem I just give up. This happens too easily. I've really struggled this past fortnight off work, with motivation for anything anyway. 

The bit about "someone has turned me off" I can relate to...I think in my mind if something was going to happen and it doesn't,  or happrns differently it can really throw me and put me in a strange mood. In my mind I don't have a plan B. I think that might be to do with inflexible thinking, 

• Yes, that’s it. It’s almost as though the planning took a certain amount of effort, but to deconstruct that plan and create a new one is so overwhelming it’s easier to forget it, but the job is still staring you in the face so you can’t.

• Yes, that’s it. It’s almost as though the planning took a certain amount of effort, but to deconstruct that plan and create a new one is so overwhelming it’s easier to forget it, but the job is still staring you in the face so you can’t.

Children
No Data