AQ10 & 50 scores

Hi all,

So, I'm currently in the process of exploring that I have autism. My family and myself are 100% certain that I am and that due to my age I slipped through the education and medical cracks. I'd like to get this confirmed as I've been treated for bipolar and OCD for many years instead and it doesn't fit.

Although I suspect I'd be considered high functioning, my autism DOES affect my everyday life (quite massively) so I'd like to get it sorted.

I completed the online AQ10 and AQ50 and scored 7 and 34. Both indicating there is an issue.

Using these as screening would you say I def have grounds for looking into this further? Based on your own experiences. I just don't want to waste time and money on it.

Thanks again

Adam

Parents
  • I took this test about twelve months ago and got a score of 48 out of possible 50. I've just taken it again or refresh my memory, and got a score of 42. I answered a couple of questions differently, and I'm certain I know which ones.  

I tend to have very strong interests, which I get upset about if I can’t pursue.

I often notice small sounds when others do not.

I am answering them through the lens of my current situation, post-diagnosis. And since I've been wearing earplugs for some times, I often notice small sounds when others do not, is no longer true for me. And since Lockdown, I've had so much more opportunity to pursue my interests without any interference, so I tend to have very strong interests, which I get upset about if I can’t pursue,
    is also no longer true for me at present.

AQ50 and scored 7 and 34

Please bear in mind that these tests are only tools that are used for self diagnosis. They are not a substitute for a professional medical assessment.

• I took this test about twelve months ago and got a score of 48 out of possible 50. I've just taken it again or refresh my memory, and got a score of 42. I answered a couple of questions differently, and I'm certain I know which ones.  

I tend to have very strong interests, which I get upset about if I can’t pursue.

I often notice small sounds when others do not.

I am answering them through the lens of my current situation, post-diagnosis. And since I've been wearing earplugs for some times, I often notice small sounds when others do not, is no longer true for me. And since Lockdown, I've had so much more opportunity to pursue my interests without any interference, so I tend to have very strong interests, which I get upset about if I can’t pursue,
    is also no longer true for me at present.

AQ50 and scored 7 and 34

Please bear in mind that these tests are only tools that are used for self diagnosis. They are not a substitute for a professional medical assessment.

Children
No Data