This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Autism and sexual desire

I wondered wether there’s something in being on the autism spectrum and having reduced sexual desire-not come across anything in my reading yet so wondered what people’s experiences are? Oh and asking as a woman too. Thanks

Parents
  • Equally, I also wonder whether hypersexuality can be a problem.  I'm thinking of the character Saga Noren in "The Bridge" and the bar scenes where she turns up specifically for casual sex.  Yes, I know she's fictional, but I found myself identifying with some of this.  

• I've not seen this film but I certainly found myself hurting a lot of people in my younger years by seeking casual-only sex. Men seem to get attached to me but I just often wasn't that into them. 

• Yes, I sort of felt it was all very unfair as this approach seemed to be taken by a lot of men and it was just accepted and laughed about ("Aw, he's a lad!").  I guess some of this comes under "***-shaming" but I felt attacked as a whole person because I thought I'd understood " the rules" based on what I'd learnt at a very rough comprehensive school.  Those "rules" clearly didn't translate very well into a university or workplace environment.  And to me that felt totally wrong because I'd had a hard time learning those rules and how to succeed at that version of the game.     

Mind you, that's a feeling I have in life generally.  A constant shifting of sands and neverending thoughts of, "Where is it written that..." or "How was I supposed to know?"

• I hope so too. At least we can enjoy being ourselves now 

Reply Children
No Data