This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Autism and sexual desire

I wondered wether there’s something in being on the autism spectrum and having reduced sexual desire-not come across anything in my reading yet so wondered what people’s experiences are? Oh and asking as a woman too. Thanks

Parents
  • I generally don't feel much sexual desire for other people (and if I wanted to I'd have to try really really try hard)  I react much more to deepness, goodness and authenticity and as for sexual desire as long as its enough  so that I can have a family with someone I am satisfied. We all end up old and ugly eventually no matter how attractive we might be lucky enough to start out,  so the former qualities are by far the most important to me and also the most rare. NT people get obsessed with sexual desire, mostly for self gratification, status and or a trophy and create real messes for themselves and others. Sex is very dangerous and people usually don't find that out until they get hurt by it. 

• I generally don't feel much sexual desire for other people (and if I wanted to I'd have to try really really try hard)  I react much more to deepness, goodness and authenticity and as for sexual desire as long as its enough  so that I can have a family with someone I am satisfied. We all end up old and ugly eventually no matter how attractive we might be lucky enough to start out,  so the former qualities are by far the most important to me and also the most rare. NT people get obsessed with sexual desire, mostly for self gratification, status and or a trophy and create real messes for themselves and others. Sex is very dangerous and people usually don't find that out until they get hurt by it. 

Children
No Data