Are you a parent?

I'm interested if other people are parents. I have two daughters, age 3 and 7. They are part of what prompted me to speak to my GP about autism as I found myself often being very blunt and cold towards them. My 7yr old told her dad that I love my dog more than her because I give it more attention. I do find stroking my dog soothing, whereas I really struggle with my children trying to grab me all the time. I also feel an aversion to their voices if they speak too loud or too much. It feels so horrible to say that as I do love my children. I can't stand being around young children generally because of the noises that they make, so it isnt just my own children. My 3yr old also told her childminder that I don't like her sitting on my knee, which is true but it sounds absolutely awful when she says it to other people so I just laughed it off. 

I dont want my children to think I don't love them. 

Parents
  • Tried to reply to you but the reply button didn't appear. *sigh* Yes, I don't know why that is about the message- I can't read anyone's friend requests either...

I don't allow private messages because I've been bullied in private on so many social media sites. Not saying you would bully me but if I open my messages up, it leads to all and sundry messaging me.

Glad we are internet friends though!

• Don't worry, I understand. There seems to be a lot of issues with this website including attracting spammers and researchers who don't go through the correct channels, so I don't think it is unwise to have direct messages deactivated.

• There seems to be a lot of issues with this website

I just received 166 notifications through e-mail - all at once.   Useless.

Reply Children
No Data