Are you a parent?

I'm interested if other people are parents. I have two daughters, age 3 and 7. They are part of what prompted me to speak to my GP about autism as I found myself often being very blunt and cold towards them. My 7yr old told her dad that I love my dog more than her because I give it more attention. I do find stroking my dog soothing, whereas I really struggle with my children trying to grab me all the time. I also feel an aversion to their voices if they speak too loud or too much. It feels so horrible to say that as I do love my children. I can't stand being around young children generally because of the noises that they make, so it isnt just my own children. My 3yr old also told her childminder that I don't like her sitting on my knee, which is true but it sounds absolutely awful when she says it to other people so I just laughed it off. 

I dont want my children to think I don't love them. 

Parents
  • Speaking as a son and a father , it is understanding what is happening and why.

I grew up not knowing what was going on , made the totally wrong conclusions to events and was confused about  everything .

But hopefully my children are much better placed ,

• Speaking as a son and a father , it is understanding what is happening and why.

I grew up not knowing what was going on , made the totally wrong conclusions to events and was confused about  everything .

But hopefully my children are much better placed ,

Children
No Data