Do you have to take someone with you/give their contact details?

Hi,

I'm very conflicted. I have my assessment appointment on Thursday. My mum told me a year ago that 'since childhood, you've always isolated yourself at home and have had mood swings'. She now has no recollection of this, and has told me I was completely normal growing up. My dad corroborates the idea that there was nothing out of the ordinary.

I really want an autism diagnosis. It would explain so much (social) trauma I've been through and four psychiatrists have told me they believe I have it. Should I just not pass on my parents's contact details to the assessors?

Parents
  • Like you I was expecting to get my parents involved, but during the assessment they were happy to diagnose me without contacting them.

Remember you are not under any obligation to pass on your parents contact details.

• Like you I was expecting to get my parents involved, but during the assessment they were happy to diagnose me without contacting them.

Remember you are not under any obligation to pass on your parents contact details.

Children