If you are working, what careers are you in?

I'd like to find a job that doesn't make me constantly overstimulated, overwhelmed and fatigued, but is also intellectually challenging. I absolutely love learning. Has anyone found a role that works for them?

Parents
  • I am a postie. It’s a great job for me and is the longest job I have ever had without either getting fired or quitting after a year. I have done this for about 8 years, and although I have aspirations of moving away from this work I do like my job.

it’s repetitive and as I have a set round I have built up a good rapport with people and am very capable of masking when needed for small talk and such NT bullcrap. Some of my customers also know I am autistic and have asked about work and if I am ok; they seem to appreciate I am diligent and apply common sense - I feel lucky because I have had chance to show my best aspects in this role.

Other jobs I had may have been more demanding academically (I have a degree and several post grad quals) but I hated all the politics and social expectations and crap that frankly I do not get nor care to. I can be a bloody good postie by being organised and structured. The independence of the role is also a big draw.

In summer I get paid to walk in the sunshine listening to podcasts or music and get paid for it! Brilliant!

• Sounds like a pleasant job.  Just an aside, I knew someone who gave up being a postman because he had been bitten by dogs numerous times while delivering mail. Just out of interest, are dogs a problem for you or your collegues?

Reply Children
No Data