If you are working, what careers are you in?

I'd like to find a job that doesn't make me constantly overstimulated, overwhelmed and fatigued, but is also intellectually challenging. I absolutely love learning. Has anyone found a role that works for them?

Parents
  • I have had so many jobs in the past. I seem to stay in the job for a couple of years before moving on to something totally different.

Currently I am a police officer. I struggled for over 2 years in the job for loads of different reasons that all affected my asd. At the time I didn’t know I had asd (very recently diagnosed).  I had a major burnout and was off work for sometime. Now currently trying to work out my own limitations and what I am capable of doing work wise with the help of my work.

Sometimes you just need to try different things, even though it might be outside your comfort zone the only way you will know is to try. It also helps if you have the support of colleagues and bosses Slight smile

• I'm the same, I do a job for a while, then lose interest and move on. I've had jobs in banks, libraries, printing, charities, travel helplines, accountants, schools, colleges, publishers, life coaching, probably others too. I've got an odd CV now.

• P.S. KKC, you sound like a super interesting person!

Elizabeth

• As the time is counting down, I'm actually getting much more annoyed and emotionally unstable at the injustice of it all.

• That's such a bummer. I hope at least planning life 2.0 brought you some joy. And hope you're finding some value in things again at the moment, or some sense of serenity.

• We've worked really hard for life 2.0 - almost finished the house, daughter finished education, finances all set - then they gave me 6 months.  Disappointed    It's going to be life 2.1 for my wife & daughter.

• I'm excited for you. I had my Shirley Valentine moment when I turned 47 and have talked about life 2.0 ever since. "Now or never" is my mantra and I'm excited about what life has to offer. Life can be an open horizon even going into old age with the right role models and mental models. 

• I think, as I said, I desperately need to move out of this tiny village, where everyone was born here and lived here all their lives. It's like Stepford.

3 more years til my daughter finishes her education, then we'll be free and can move around. Hopefully covid will have ended by then too. 3 more years. I'm hanging my hopes on that. Moving to a bigger town with new horizons, a fresh start. The cry of the mum/wife since time began: when is it my turn? Rolling eyes

• I think, as I said, I desperately need to move out of this tiny village, where everyone was born here and lived here all their lives. It's like Stepford.

3 more years til my daughter finishes her education, then we'll be free and can move around. Hopefully covid will have ended by then too. 3 more years. I'm hanging my hopes on that. Moving to a bigger town with new horizons, a fresh start. The cry of the mum/wife since time began: when is it my turn? Rolling eyes

Children