Online Result Shows I Have Complex PTSD- What Can I Do?

Hi, first post here! 

I’m autistic and in my 20s. I’ve been struggling extremely with my mental health for many years before and after my diagnosis of ASD. I happened to stumble onto a website called Clinical Partners where there was an online test for PTSD, so I filled it out truthfully with answers that I felt matched best for the questions. Afterwards, I had a report sent to me confirming that I scored the highest level of severity which indicates that I more than likely have complex PTSD.

I know online tests can often be dismissed as false and those who take them called stupid and lazy, however, all of the observations that came back truly did fit with my situations and mental state of mind. I have had many traumas in my life but had always been brought up with the knowledge that only people in the military could be diagnosed with PTSD.

My local doctors aren’t great unfortunately and the huge majority are only prioritising COVID related stuff. However, I’m unemployed and have had 0 income since the start of the pandemic so I can’t afford private treatment. I’m honestly in despair. I don’t really want to talk to my family about it since they are all struggling at the moment and I have no friends, so can’t open up to them either.

Any suggestions? Disappointed

(Just to clarify that I was diagnosed over three years ago with anxiety disorder, however that was at a time when things were not affecting me so much regarding my personal life!) 

Parents
  • Speak to your GP. Covid is getting priority but other services haven't completely shut down. My husband got a mental health diagnosis in November and he's had 8 weeks of CBT that started the week after he spoke to the doctor, and we are in a huge city where waiting lists for everything are horrific. 

Even speaking to your GP now will get you ahead of any lists if it is something that's been paused. 

Treat it like getting an autism diagnosis as an adult, write a list of all the reasons why you think you have C-PTSD so you don't miss anything out. 

• I was on CBT therapy as well at the start of this year (after being referred by my GP) however I ended up in hospital (completely unrelated to my mental health) and ended up missing a login session so I got booted off (despite contacting them with what had happened) 

I guess I’m just very hesitant to go back to my GP, to me, they were very dismissive before and I really had to fight with them to get my voice heard. I’m not a confrontational person generally so that was rough.

Definitely going to write out a list though- thanks! 

• I was on CBT therapy as well at the start of this year (after being referred by my GP) however I ended up in hospital (completely unrelated to my mental health) and ended up missing a login session so I got booted off (despite contacting them with what had happened) 

I guess I’m just very hesitant to go back to my GP, to me, they were very dismissive before and I really had to fight with them to get my voice heard. I’m not a confrontational person generally so that was rough.

Definitely going to write out a list though- thanks! 

Children
No Data