Does anyone feel like...

Does anyone feel like they are defective with their diagnosis? It’s a term I use to describe myself a lot and I’m always berated for it by others - mostly professionals - but I am very literal in what I say so my choice of word I believe is correct. I grant a lack of self worth is a factor in how I evaluate myself but I don’t think calling myself defective (or weird is the other label I give myself) is in any way unfair.

Evidentially: I can’t make friends for trying, my outlooks on the world and others are abstract, I can’t cope with some basic things many can - defective right? 

Parents
  • I feel defective too. History shows us that we are not accepted. The Nazi's said we went against all that they stood for because we didn't follow orders and they euthanised us. I feel it's important for the autistic community to stick together and support one another because we actually feel similar, neurotypics will never understand. I grew up believing I was normal and wondered why people treated me differently, It's because I wasn't like them. I remember this guy telling me that his brother was autistic and how he struggled, I felt like I was a burden on society because I wasn't autistic and there was no excuse for my behaviour. It was only when I turned 28 I got a diagnostic opinion of autism. The local council took my child away from me after misdiagnosing me with multiple personality disorder before autism was even suspected.

• you need to get legal representation  and fight for your kids back unless there is something else u haven't disclosed

Reply Children
No Data