Does anyone feel like...

Does anyone feel like they are defective with their diagnosis? It’s a term I use to describe myself a lot and I’m always berated for it by others - mostly professionals - but I am very literal in what I say so my choice of word I believe is correct. I grant a lack of self worth is a factor in how I evaluate myself but I don’t think calling myself defective (or weird is the other label I give myself) is in any way unfair.

Evidentially: I can’t make friends for trying, my outlooks on the world and others are abstract, I can’t cope with some basic things many can - defective right? 

Parents
  • I quite often refer to myself as deficient, I feel like I've been born with a bit of my brain missing or something and I'm definitely "less than" NTs in a lot of ways.

I'm classed as "high functioning" but have support workers for work, uni and someone I can call for day to day support so I hover between a level 1 and 2, more of a 2 at the moment. Someone who was normal and not deficient would certainly not need all that to function normally so I'm definitely deficient, even if the doctors and support people don't like me using that term. 

• I quite often refer to myself as deficient, I feel like I've been born with a bit of my brain missing or something and I'm definitely "less than" NTs in a lot of ways.

I'm classed as "high functioning" but have support workers for work, uni and someone I can call for day to day support so I hover between a level 1 and 2, more of a 2 at the moment. Someone who was normal and not deficient would certainly not need all that to function normally so I'm definitely deficient, even if the doctors and support people don't like me using that term. 

Children
No Data