Does anyone feel like...

Does anyone feel like they are defective with their diagnosis? It’s a term I use to describe myself a lot and I’m always berated for it by others - mostly professionals - but I am very literal in what I say so my choice of word I believe is correct. I grant a lack of self worth is a factor in how I evaluate myself but I don’t think calling myself defective (or weird is the other label I give myself) is in any way unfair.

Evidentially: I can’t make friends for trying, my outlooks on the world and others are abstract, I can’t cope with some basic things many can - defective right? 

Parents
  • i can see feeling defective... some aspies (if i can use that term) really have a hard time; they stand out for their social ineptitude (sorry). i often don't no, just no clue ---i is this person trying to take advantage of me, are they making fun of me, do they want me to get lost? and i'll get that signal ---- too late. some of us don't have useful interests --- mine just come and go. for awhile, chess. then movies... then poetry (uh, i can't really recommend that one, sorry, lol).. comedy... really rough stuff, edgey. nobody likes that... 

even aspies with higher than average iq's can be really miserable...........sorry, it's true.  sometimes it seemed like it woulda been better to have a lower than normal iq.... , altho i have no idea why. aspies with higher iq's sometimes can be simply miserable that they just can't really be successful at all in life.

• I totally get what you mean about reading people - one of my more abstract views advocates for a much simpler system - I shan’t go into it here as it’s probably a bit controversial but happy to chat it through sometime Slight smile

I also agree that high IQ is an issue - I think it allows us to be overly analytical and thus never happy with life.

• I totally get what you mean about reading people - one of my more abstract views advocates for a much simpler system - I shan’t go into it here as it’s probably a bit controversial but happy to chat it through sometime Slight smile

I also agree that high IQ is an issue - I think it allows us to be overly analytical and thus never happy with life.

Children
No Data