Annoying noises

Can anyone think of noises that really annoy you. I hate rustling crisp packets. It sounds so loud! 

Parents
  • Whirring fans or computers, especially in open plan offices.

Plus noisy neighbours partying in their gardens as soon as there's a bit of sunshine.  Either that or their power tools starting up intermittently.  Either way, they also seem to assume that others won't mind their loud music.  

I really need to work on escaping to somewhere quieter.  

• Yes, summer outdoor behaviour is its own sub-genre of annoying. The power tools thing for sure! Radios on loud with the presumption that everyone will be happy to share their taste in music. Oh, and another summer sound that has me on high alert - buzzing at close quarters. Massive insects abound, and it's not fun. I'm a bit phobic mind you!

• Yes, summer outdoor behaviour is its own sub-genre of annoying. The power tools thing for sure! Radios on loud with the presumption that everyone will be happy to share their taste in music. Oh, and another summer sound that has me on high alert - buzzing at close quarters. Massive insects abound, and it's not fun. I'm a bit phobic mind you!

Children
  • Ah, I'm actually fascinated by massive insects.  Spiders, however, tap into something else in me and they abound in summertime.   

I don't mind an occasional bit of DIY but there seems to be certain houses where, as soon as the sun comes out, so do the tools.  And I just want to relax in the garden.