Working for a call centre!

I have recently been working for a call center, due to covid it was a viable option as it was homebased. 

The first week was rough the predicted crash course with fries like any other major corporation. 

I felt stress as I was not trained properly for the job but as the weeks progressed I adapted and learnt on the job, I suppose like everyother person. 

I started to feel really burnt-out at the end of the day and this week past I've been completely exhausted yesterday I had such chest pains that I threw up, my head was sweating and I was dizzy.

Has anyone ever felt like this in a similar role. 

I feel bad, what ever job I do the stress of it alway makes me ill mentally I just push myself through but yesterday I really felt I was going to die, I know that's melodramatic but that how I experienced my situation, plus it being cover incarceration year where I live the doctors surgery isn't even answering the phone not that they did before I suppose. 

Parents
  • I worked for a call center technical support line. Having to talk to so many people made me nauseous, exhausted and I also had a burn out. I hate phone calls, I took this job only because the only option was a cashier in supermarket, there is more noise. I was always told I was perfect at explaining things, my efficiency and quality were high, but I always struggled with the soft skills! Solving problems, helping others - no problem, but soft skills- I can’t even properly understand what it actually is. I only heard “modulate your voice” and don’t speak so slow. My best job ever was in a small company as a warehouse manager. Always the same tasks, tasks that were repetitive, predictable and most beautiful thing! Boxes and shelves don’t talk to me! They just carry the relevant information! Now I’m looking for a job and I hope to find something similar, something that will not affect my fragile mental health. 

• I hope that you find a suitable job soon.  It is soul destroying being unemployed and people being unpleasant about it.  It is also grim trying to cling on to an unsuitable job just because it is theonly job available.

Reply Children
No Data