Struggling with understanding own emotions.

Hello everyone I’ve always had some difficulties with understanding some of my emotions I know when it’s super obvious like if I’m laughing my head off about something but I keep thinking about my autism assessment I was asked several times what I was feeling or how I felt about something and I couldn’t really answer properly does anyone else suffer with this sort of thing is it to do with my autism?

Parents
  • Yea, I never know how to answer 'how are you feeling,' though sometimes that is because I'm feeling way too negative to admit it and don't want to be a problem. 

but other times, I'm just not really sure what I'm feeling if anything. 

• I just copy what other people say when I ask them the question. You could say,

living the dream 

Another day in paradise

Brill thanks how are you

Not bad, this and this happened. 

Really good, I'm going to ...... tonight.

Remember it's not a trick question. Even if you aren't feeling something you can say you are just to keep the conversation going. 

• I always reply the same, 'I'm okay thanks.' 

I don't like responding to another any more than that. It's been beaten out of me, people have bullied me for some really strange things, laughed at things that I can't help or don't even know what I'm doing to get the fun made out of me in the first place. 
    They'll take the mick out of how I say the most normal of words, like, 'hello' even though I say 'hello' normal. They laugh at the tone of the voice, and apparently my facial expression or lack of one. I can no longer reply to strangers without a paralysing amount of anxiety. So my replies are extra short if I manage a reply at all. 

• I always reply the same, 'I'm okay thanks.' 

I don't like responding to another any more than that. It's been beaten out of me, people have bullied me for some really strange things, laughed at things that I can't help or don't even know what I'm doing to get the fun made out of me in the first place. 
    They'll take the mick out of how I say the most normal of words, like, 'hello' even though I say 'hello' normal. They laugh at the tone of the voice, and apparently my facial expression or lack of one. I can no longer reply to strangers without a paralysing amount of anxiety. So my replies are extra short if I manage a reply at all. 

Children
  • Oh I know what you mean!! I say things and people either burst out laughing and say 'oh you are funny/ weird/ strange!' Or they get angry.

I don't know why. I was just saying something normal, yet they think it's funny or provocative Shrug

Sorry you got bullied for that! OMG.