Julian Assange

He is an autistic journalist, wanted in USA for 175 year prison sentence, but is dying in a London Prison at the age of 49.

Have a look at recent pictures of him!!

60 doctors have signed a statement of concern about his medical situation and the legal management.

He had his trial in September but not being finally judged until January

Anyone supporting his plight for Autism Injustice?

Parents
  • This has nothing to do with autism - he played with the big boys and lost - the price is very high when you eat at the top table.        The timescales are deliberate - all part of the retribution - to absolutely destroy the person in every way possible.        It's straight from "The Art of War".     Kill one to frighten a thousand.

• I disagree. His Autism gave him a lack of theory of mind which probably made him not understand how the big boys would react to his leaks.

Reply Children
  • Hi Dave

I think if you're writing a book about yourself and your experiences, as a cathartic experience, it might help you get it out of your system - but to be honest, it was years ago, you're not well known about, your case was minor league (in the bigger scheme of things) and as 90% of people don't give a rats about disabilities or autism, I don't think there's a market that would even begin to cover your costs.

You maybe do run the risk of being sued because you will mention specific names and companies and the accepted court record, your conviction record and failed appeal means you have absolutely no defence.    Better get your cheque book ready.  Smiley

I know it's burning you up inside, but the rest of the world is not affected by it so they can, and do ignore it.

• That is another of my points ; that police will convict lots of innocent people , especially ASD people

I'm keen to get my details of my thinking and my case on the web as the media and the police have painted a totally humiliating untrue story.

Do you think people would be interested in the book I'm writing or if I published it on line??

They will want to sue me though as they will allege it is untrue. Hopefully I can word it to include factual documents .

I wish I could put it behind me, but it is established in my brain for years now

• I'd rather stay away from your specific case - too much information on here might not help you, long-term.

I do agree with never talking to the police - but they know that all 'normal' (non-career criminals) people will blab so anything you say can and will be used *against* you.

• Good debate as we approach this from different angles. I never lie. The police and the media gave 99% lies. This is for their own agenda - to sell their publication and to hit their crime targets. They both have lots of power and those 2 media youths in court spread their story to millions around the world.

I should have been "lean with facts" to the police, but didn't realise how they would use them to prosecute me. We all knew the website I was prosecuted for accessing was a fake scam and the data they had should not have been allowed in court ( type 3 unproven data)

I have never "solicited murder" or "threatened suicide", but desperately continue to try and stay alive and get help. Such is the book that I am writing, to try and save lives and change the stigma about trusting "authorities"

If any ASD person reads this and gets arrested  "NEVER SAY ANYTHING TO THE POLICE" they will always use it against you and never try  to understand. ASD people are 7 times more likely to be convicted, but are less likely to have undertaken a crime

• Hi Dave

I think you're on to a losing hand when you talk about celebrities - by definition, they are all mentally unstable narcissistic fruitcakes who's life revolves around validation from others - and the're so nuts that 'suicide for ratings and attention' is a valid way of life for them - when their glittering career looks like it going down the toilet, they are often so drug-addled and psychotic that anything is possible.

Also, people suiciding *before* services getting involved is a null set of data - you can't read anything into that 'research' - it sounds a bit self-serving.

I don't want to poke at you personally, but we both know what you did and what really happened with your case and I feel you're being a bit 'lean' with the facts  - and that suggests to me that you refuse to take responsibility for what you actually did and/or are trying to minimise it to paint yourself out as a victim - which shows an agenda.

Like I say - you're probably a good bloke - I'd probably enjoy a pint in the pub with you, solving all the world's problems - but please, try to move on and live for yourself and those around you rather than trying to White-Knight for people who knew exactly what they were getting into at the time and then whinge/top themselves when it doesn't go their way.

I don't like being blunt - if you want me to delete this reply, I will - but I think it needs to be said.

• Thanks Plastic. I'm sorry to hear of your plight , but realise we all approach things from a different angle with differing motives. My motive now is to save lives, prevent future similar inappropriate actions by the police (see Caroline Flack) and wasting of state monies on inappropriate harming stuff. Suicide has a stigma and the distress of someone who takes their own life is not understood by 99% of the public. 

Samaritans has been humiliating and obstructive to me. Good phone system, but I cynically feel they are running it for their own organisations benefit! They avoid any advice or opinions and just listen as does the wall. There is some research showing suicide rates increase after their services have been introduced. There is none that shows any reduction.

I thank you for giving time to write on here, but confess that at one time I thought I should report you for abuse. Such are the changes in the thinking brain and I seem to be complaining about many now.

Having more time to think with Covid etc and when you have terminal illness, leaves people having negative reflections on so much.

Vision fails as we age, but we are able to see through people better than ever!

I genuinely do not understand a jury that convicts a person who is politely asking for help when suicidal and Appeal judges who do not allow this to be reversed

• Dave, I appreciate your position on this but to be blunt, there is no-one pushing you to suicide but yourself.    All the things you are 'fighting' against happened years ago and you are the only one regularly raking over the coals.

You could, at any time, just write it off and move on - but you won't - you seem to revel is your 'plight'.

You know that I am dying - probably only a couple of months left - and when it's THIS real, I want more life.       Suicide to me would only be valid right at the end when death is imminent and certain - the equivalent of not letting a dog suffer.

You *are* alive - and you will stay being alive - and while you are still functioning, you have the choice to do anything you *want* to - yet you choose not to.      How do you think you would feel in my position?  

You might ask why I am on here wasting my precious time on the interwebs - but you also know that chemo kicks the crap out of people - sitting here feeling sorry for myself is pointless - if I can help anyone else while I'm unable to help myself, then I would willingly give my time.

I really wish you would just evaluate everything you have in life and move forwards - I get the feeling you're probably a good bloke - but being stuck in the mud, you can't move forwards.

• I keep trying to save lives. That has been the theme of my life. I do not want to die, but feel I am being pushed in to that place by others. No one seems to understand this. I do feel it is an autistic thing to not let go of such life threatening injustice

• No it's not - when you mess with The State, everyone knows they always go in hard to make an example of you.     Remember the Great Train Robbers?       For the size of their crime, their sentences where massive overkill.

Look throughout history - anyone who became a thorn in the Establishment's rear end has met with the most grisly of fates - it's supposed to teach the others to shut up, pay your taxes and don't you dare think of trying anything clever.

Trying to blame autism is just a desperate cop-out - trying to present super-highly skilled and qualified experts as mere children - it doesn't wash - and I believe you're trying to push your personal agenda - again.

• It is a fairly classic injustice of autism that we are seeing