Career change from nursing

My daughter is a senior nurse. National lead for multiple sclerosis but getting paid less now than 10 years ago (after inflation) loads of other senior nurses leaving from her teaching hospital. "claps don't pay bills or show genuine appreciation" especially when MPs gave themselves a pay rise despite hardly going to parliament and at the same time refused the nurses.

She feels walked over

There is a nursing crisis which is being ignored.

What. career to change to? Become a doctor or the financial world or what?

I feel I've failed her. Autistic failure to focus on my gaughters needs 

Parents
  • There are opportunities in the pharma and other sectors for someone with her creds and the income would (eventually) be astronomical in comparison to nursing. But they have to pay that sort of money because it isn't really what most nurses want to do.

I agree that nurses, teachers and other professions are under paid.  Not sure what the solution is. But those who feel they've done their bit in the trenches can transfer to more remunerative sectors if they're determined to do so, and if they are capable of making the psychological change required for a move to private industry (or, indeed, willing to do that). It's a whole other world, with a whole other mentality. It's not for everyone.

• There are opportunities in the pharma and other sectors for someone with her creds and the income would (eventually) be astronomical in comparison to nursing. But they have to pay that sort of money because it isn't really what most nurses want to do.

I agree that nurses, teachers and other professions are under paid.  Not sure what the solution is. But those who feel they've done their bit in the trenches can transfer to more remunerative sectors if they're determined to do so, and if they are capable of making the psychological change required for a move to private industry (or, indeed, willing to do that). It's a whole other world, with a whole other mentality. It's not for everyone.

Children
No Data