Career change from nursing

My daughter is a senior nurse. National lead for multiple sclerosis but getting paid less now than 10 years ago (after inflation) loads of other senior nurses leaving from her teaching hospital. "claps don't pay bills or show genuine appreciation" especially when MPs gave themselves a pay rise despite hardly going to parliament and at the same time refused the nurses.

She feels walked over

There is a nursing crisis which is being ignored.

What. career to change to? Become a doctor or the financial world or what?

I feel I've failed her. Autistic failure to focus on my gaughters needs 

Parents
  • A lot of people do well from going to university later in life. It definitely helps get a higher paying job. It depends what she's interested in what she could do. My mother around the age of 50 went to uni to study psychology after many years of being a stay-at-home mother. She had been let down by the education system. The school she went to in inner-city Manchester was quite dire. Getting that degree led to her becoming a social worker and as a result of working for the rest of her working age life, she ended up getting significantly more pension than she would have had she not worked and the wages also paid for a better house for my father and her. She wasn't that confident she could do it when she started either.

• A lot of people do well from going to university later in life. It definitely helps get a higher paying job. It depends what she's interested in what she could do. My mother around the age of 50 went to uni to study psychology after many years of being a stay-at-home mother. She had been let down by the education system. The school she went to in inner-city Manchester was quite dire. Getting that degree led to her becoming a social worker and as a result of working for the rest of her working age life, she ended up getting significantly more pension than she would have had she not worked and the wages also paid for a better house for my father and her. She wasn't that confident she could do it when she started either.

Children
  • These days you have to do specific social work qualifications or training schemes to be a social worker. Just in case anyone else is interested in this career option. Not that I recommend it!