Wild Camping?

I am currently going through an episode of agoraphobia which started before the COVID19 outbreak and the virus has only made it worse BUT I am starting to do some exposure therapy techniques and slowly introduce the idea of leaving my house. 

I always loved camping as a child and would frequently set up camp and do bush crafting out in my mums garden. It was deffo a hyperfixation for me. I have recently rekindled that hyperfixation and I have a real want and need to get back into it.  

I would really love to go on a nice hike and do some wild camping as an end goal for my exposure therapy. 

But for the time being, I am going to start camping in the garden again, like I did as a child. Taking baby steps at first, going out there for an hour and if I feel like staying out there then I can, but if I want to come in, then that's fine too. But I have to make it the whole hour at least. Then gradually over time, increase the cut off time until overnights is possible, then bump it up to spending the weekend in my little campsite. 

My question is, does anyone else have a hyperfixation with camping? Wild camping experience? Do you think it would be cool if a wild camp / hike trip was organized so a small group of auties could get together and bond over the love of camping and being autistic haha. Because that would be something I would be interested in once I am out of this episode haha. 

Parents
  • I am proud of you in attempting to conquer your fears and yes I think this would be a cool idea for a short camping / hiking trip

when i was at school i was on the dofe award scheme which was enjoyable though personally i hate large groups of people and meeting new people so I'm almost a complete recluse now 

I'm also sufferer of mild Thalassophobia as well but when you have your victory over your episode of Agoraphobia I would be willing to attempt my own little victory as well 

now are there any takers amongst the rest of our community that would be willing and able to participate hopefully yes 

• Thank you ^_^ I am really proud of myself too. 

Totally get you, I am very much a recluse haha. I have no friend group, relationship, anything other than immediate family. Even then, I stick to my two rooms (office and bedroom) and am mostly alone all day. When my sleeping pattern is screwed, I dont see anyone at all because I am awake when everyones asleep. Haha Bliss. 

I'm not a fan of the sea either. The thought that we have only explored 5% of the worlds oceans is terrifying to me. I like baths, pools, showers and rain. But big open bodies of water with no idea what lies beneath... no thank yooooou! 

• you're welcome Emmy 

friends wise I have very few, take last year for instance I only saw 5 friends in total one of them once and 3 of them twice and my family live 250 miles away so until I'm off sick Leave I stick to my bedroom 95% of the time so i am alone most of the time as well

yeah i can handle the normal waters like showers and small pools and thunder storms but if the water can go over my head then no no no I'm even a little anxious just typing this and thinking about it (i had a few bad days with water when i was young)

• yeah Danny's vids can be quite entertaining especially when a spider jumps out at him 

Morrowind is widely regarded as the best game in the franchise but i never got the chance to play it as at the time i was normally playing the might and magic games on pc and when i am looking for a bit of nostalgia i still occasionally play them 

• I watch his playthroooughs hahaha! Morrowind is my absolute fave Elder Scrolls game. 

I havent heard of it, but it looks like something I would be interested in haha ^_^  

• I actually forgot that one naughty me if you want to know more about it on youtube there is a channel called ESO and he has just done a playthrough of Baldurs gate 3 he normally does elder scrolls and a couple of other RPG's which is why I'm going through skyrim again 

have you heard of a game called talisman ?

• Malkavian and nosferatu where always my faves. I loved all the text options for Malkavians! The argument you could have with the Stop sign lol cracked me up.

We have the same taste! Both the games I am looking forward to most! And the new Baldurs Gate 3. The trailer release was so so sooo good! 

• I have not played that for a while I preferred to be a gangrel though or a malkavian

I am looking forward to bloodlines2 coming put on console  next year hopefully and cyberpunk this year i will be a happy gamer

• She sat with me while I played through Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines on PC as a Nosferatu and I let her make all the decisions haha! So she already has that experience.  

• I have played all of them except Deadlands the fact that your daughter has started to play DnD shows she has some taste and that you are a great mum but if you can get you kid to try VtM playing a nosferatu with a low obfuscate just to see how they avoid breaking the masqerade it can be quite entertaining to hear another player describe their shenanigans to stay out off sight 

but you most probably know like i do that a panicked player will do the silliest stupidest nonsensical things 

• Yaaay another table topper! I've been playing since I was a kid, still play, just havent found another group to play with yet. I play dnd, VtM, shadowrun, L5R and Deadlands and then my daughter has just gotten into dnd haha ^_^ 

• the same offer i gave to aidie i give to you but i do understand the need to mesh with

in my local area we used 2 have two larp groups one i got on well with and one i could not stand to be with 

RPGs though that is something that i have done for over 30 years be it Dnd, CoC, MERP, TnT, Sla Industries and many others  i even used to do the fighting fantasy books which are great for a solo mini adventure 

• the same offer i gave to aidie i give to you but i do understand the need to mesh with

in my local area we used 2 have two larp groups one i got on well with and one i could not stand to be with 

RPGs though that is something that i have done for over 30 years be it Dnd, CoC, MERP, TnT, Sla Industries and many others  i even used to do the fighting fantasy books which are great for a solo mini adventure 

Children
  • yeah Danny's vids can be quite entertaining especially when a spider jumps out at him 

Morrowind is widely regarded as the best game in the franchise but i never got the chance to play it as at the time i was normally playing the might and magic games on pc and when i am looking for a bit of nostalgia i still occasionally play them 

• I watch his playthroooughs hahaha! Morrowind is my absolute fave Elder Scrolls game. 

I havent heard of it, but it looks like something I would be interested in haha ^_^  

• I actually forgot that one naughty me if you want to know more about it on youtube there is a channel called ESO and he has just done a playthrough of Baldurs gate 3 he normally does elder scrolls and a couple of other RPG's which is why I'm going through skyrim again 

have you heard of a game called talisman ?

• Malkavian and nosferatu where always my faves. I loved all the text options for Malkavians! The argument you could have with the Stop sign lol cracked me up.

We have the same taste! Both the games I am looking forward to most! And the new Baldurs Gate 3. The trailer release was so so sooo good! 

• I have not played that for a while I preferred to be a gangrel though or a malkavian

I am looking forward to bloodlines2 coming put on console  next year hopefully and cyberpunk this year i will be a happy gamer

• She sat with me while I played through Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines on PC as a Nosferatu and I let her make all the decisions haha! So she already has that experience.  

• I have played all of them except Deadlands the fact that your daughter has started to play DnD shows she has some taste and that you are a great mum but if you can get you kid to try VtM playing a nosferatu with a low obfuscate just to see how they avoid breaking the masqerade it can be quite entertaining to hear another player describe their shenanigans to stay out off sight 

but you most probably know like i do that a panicked player will do the silliest stupidest nonsensical things 

• Yaaay another table topper! I've been playing since I was a kid, still play, just havent found another group to play with yet. I play dnd, VtM, shadowrun, L5R and Deadlands and then my daughter has just gotten into dnd haha ^_^