Alcoholism and autism?

I dont consider myself an alcoholic but I was wondering is anyone else found a connection between autism and alcoholism?

I find it easy to slip into unhealthy habits because getting drunk becomes a routine. Plus I'm guilty of getting obsessed with being "normal" so in my pursuit of this I find myself drinking every day because I guess alcohol culture normalizes drinking every day. and also, I find that social interactions and stuff that would overstimulate me become easier when I'm a little drunk

Is this normal? Are there studies behind it? Or am I just weird lol

Parents
  • Alcohol makes me terribly depressed when I drink it. It’s the devils drug I wouldn’t recommend it at all. Even ‘normal’ stable people who drink have committed horrible crimes purely because they were too drunk. So potentially everyone is a problem drinker. I swear alcohol is bad news. I stay far away from the stuff the damage it does to society is incomprehensible. Alcohol and tobacco are two legal drugs that kill probably the most people across the world. If it were invented today there’s no way it would be made legal.

• Alcohol makes me terribly depressed when I drink it. It’s the devils drug I wouldn’t recommend it at all. Even ‘normal’ stable people who drink have committed horrible crimes purely because they were too drunk. So potentially everyone is a problem drinker. I swear alcohol is bad news. I stay far away from the stuff the damage it does to society is incomprehensible. Alcohol and tobacco are two legal drugs that kill probably the most people across the world. If it were invented today there’s no way it would be made legal.

Children
No Data