Alcoholism and autism?

I dont consider myself an alcoholic but I was wondering is anyone else found a connection between autism and alcoholism?

I find it easy to slip into unhealthy habits because getting drunk becomes a routine. Plus I'm guilty of getting obsessed with being "normal" so in my pursuit of this I find myself drinking every day because I guess alcohol culture normalizes drinking every day. and also, I find that social interactions and stuff that would overstimulate me become easier when I'm a little drunk

Is this normal? Are there studies behind it? Or am I just weird lol

Parents
  • Not me. I am not keen on too  much alcohol. 

One glass ever so often is what I have. I can take it or leave it. 

I prefer Pink Lemonade 

• I’m teetotal myself. But part of that is seeing my inherited addictive side (or rather anxious side) and alcoholism’s effects on people close to me, and deciding early in life not to fall back on substances no matter how bad it got. I suppose my diazepam tablets are a bit of a cheat, but I made it to my mid forties without them! 

• I’m teetotal myself. But part of that is seeing my inherited addictive side (or rather anxious side) and alcoholism’s effects on people close to me, and deciding early in life not to fall back on substances no matter how bad it got. I suppose my diazepam tablets are a bit of a cheat, but I made it to my mid forties without them! 

Children
No Data