Alcoholism and autism?

I dont consider myself an alcoholic but I was wondering is anyone else found a connection between autism and alcoholism?

I find it easy to slip into unhealthy habits because getting drunk becomes a routine. Plus I'm guilty of getting obsessed with being "normal" so in my pursuit of this I find myself drinking every day because I guess alcohol culture normalizes drinking every day. and also, I find that social interactions and stuff that would overstimulate me become easier when I'm a little drunk

Is this normal? Are there studies behind it? Or am I just weird lol

Parents
  • Hey there. As for your husband's recovery, have you looked into programs in [Removed by Moderator]? I've heard great things about them, and I think it could be a great option for your husband. As far as I know, my sister's husband was in recovery there. So, I think it's exactly what your husband needs now. Check the reviews and make a choice. It would be even better to contact them and ask important questions for you. Keep us updated on how things go, and let us know if you need any more help or advice.

• Hey there. As for your husband's recovery, have you looked into programs in [Removed by Moderator]? I've heard great things about them, and I think it could be a great option for your husband. As far as I know, my sister's husband was in recovery there. So, I think it's exactly what your husband needs now. Check the reviews and make a choice. It would be even better to contact them and ask important questions for you. Keep us updated on how things go, and let us know if you need any more help or advice.

Children
No Data