Alcoholism and autism?

I dont consider myself an alcoholic but I was wondering is anyone else found a connection between autism and alcoholism?

I find it easy to slip into unhealthy habits because getting drunk becomes a routine. Plus I'm guilty of getting obsessed with being "normal" so in my pursuit of this I find myself drinking every day because I guess alcohol culture normalizes drinking every day. and also, I find that social interactions and stuff that would overstimulate me become easier when I'm a little drunk

Is this normal? Are there studies behind it? Or am I just weird lol

Parents
  • I am not diagnosed yet, I am a 37 year old women and have just connected the pattern of my life to autism. I have also had problems with alcohol throughout my life I now realise it slows the brain down and induces a feeling of superficial happiness, hence why we can feel more connected under the influence be at risk of addiction at the same time. If the person is not aware of this it just becomes a crutch along side a routined day. Also I grew up in birmingham where drinking was what we did as part of our impoverish culture. 

• I am not diagnosed yet, I am a 37 year old women and have just connected the pattern of my life to autism. I have also had problems with alcohol throughout my life I now realise it slows the brain down and induces a feeling of superficial happiness, hence why we can feel more connected under the influence be at risk of addiction at the same time. If the person is not aware of this it just becomes a crutch along side a routined day. Also I grew up in birmingham where drinking was what we did as part of our impoverish culture. 

Children
No Data