Alcoholism and autism?

I dont consider myself an alcoholic but I was wondering is anyone else found a connection between autism and alcoholism?

I find it easy to slip into unhealthy habits because getting drunk becomes a routine. Plus I'm guilty of getting obsessed with being "normal" so in my pursuit of this I find myself drinking every day because I guess alcohol culture normalizes drinking every day. and also, I find that social interactions and stuff that would overstimulate me become easier when I'm a little drunk

Is this normal? Are there studies behind it? Or am I just weird lol

Parents
  • If i drink the tiniest bit of alcohol my body tingles weirdly and I don't like it all. I dunno if it's because I'm also on blood thinners or what, but yea that alone puts me off drinking. 

Plus on blood thinners, you're not supposed to drink too much alcohol. 

But I can see Autism making someone susceptible to alcoholism to cope with life, interactions, overstimulation. 

I have wanted to turn to alcohol to take my mind off things but then as above I get that tingly feeling, sometimes in inappropriate body parts and that is.... kinda awkward if you're sat around with family... LOL! 

I have other bad habits instead of drinking. 

• Yeah eating junk food is my thing instead of drinking or smoking or drugs

Reply Children