Better Eating

Hi there!

I'm a 20 year old autistic girl and I have been struggling with my eating habits for my entire life. Now that I am an adult, I want to get better at eating. 

My diet is very limited so if anyone knows any good and simple reciepes/cookbooks for food with simple tastes and textures that would be great.

All advice welcome.

Parents
  • EasyMeals by Rachel Allen is a cookbook I used when I was beginning to learn cookery. It's got lots of quite simple recipes explained clearly with usually not too many ingredients. They all taste good too.

A tip I can give you about eating more vegetables which are very healthy and always good on the side of any meal is try to boil them very lightly. Some vegetables like cabbage can be cooked in about 1-2 minutes, others like carrots a few more. But usually the longer vegetables cook the more mushy and awful tasting they become. A lot of people think they don't like vegetables because they're used to eating them over-cooked.

• EasyMeals by Rachel Allen is a cookbook I used when I was beginning to learn cookery. It's got lots of quite simple recipes explained clearly with usually not too many ingredients. They all taste good too.

A tip I can give you about eating more vegetables which are very healthy and always good on the side of any meal is try to boil them very lightly. Some vegetables like cabbage can be cooked in about 1-2 minutes, others like carrots a few more. But usually the longer vegetables cook the more mushy and awful tasting they become. A lot of people think they don't like vegetables because they're used to eating them over-cooked.

Children
No Data