Unemployment

Hi everyone so in June I quit my job (nasty boss in regards to a chronic illness) and have just been given the autism diagnosis. Now finding myself more lost than ever with trying to figure out what jobs I'd be good at - trying to explain to universal credit about how it affects me in life and work. Anyone know of any good resources for getting back into employment or even just general support at this point...

Parents
  • what did u do in your previous job --- how old are you?  are you a graduate ( from uni ) ?

Heart

• Previously worked in a nursery to get NVQ lvl 2 then went on into a primary school and back to nursery. Feel like these don't work well with me so am looking into going into data entry. I'm currently 21 but never went into uni

• I've read the whole discussion Bambi and you sound very equipped and qualified to work with disabled and neurodiverse children. Other than your boss, why do you not want to work children?, Like Aidie said data entry doesn't really exist anymore in the UK as it outsourced to other countries or done automatically through IT. 

You got an NVQ level 2 in childcare have you thought of progressing to a level 3 position to administration rolls in schools, administrative social work. 

I've been trying to figure out what employment path to go on to since the age of 18 and other than experiencing bad employment programmes,multiple work experiences, bad entry level work opportunities and what i know figured to be fake education that give you a certificates in entry level subjects im still no closer to figuring out at the age of 24. 

I would love to train in something IT related but accessing those opportunities without funding and support is out of the question because i live in rural norfolk and have no transportation of my own.      

• wow we could have met , or we came close  where did u do the placement ?  i used to look after placement students for a week or so on regular basis 

Reply Children
No Data