This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dentist

Hello my name is Simon I have been diagnosed with autism recently and I am thinking about going to the dentist soon but I have a ginormous fear of the dentist I haven’t been since I was at school I have a bad tooth it’s got a big cavity and it’s black inside it doesn’t hurt and I brush my teeth 2 times a day and use mouthwash but I know I can’t put it of forever.

does anyone have any advice should I mention that I’m autistic would that help?

Parents
  • The fear of dentists is inherent to most people, no matter they have autism or not. Are you scared of "big drilling machines"? Forget it, we are living in 21 century. Professional dental clinics, such as [removed by Mod] provide everything to make the surgery as comfy as possible. If even the dentist uses drilling, it will be under good pain relievers, so you won't feel anything. Believe me, you don't want to wait until your teeth cause hellish pain. None of the drilling machines is even close to that feeling.

[edited by Suzanne Mod]

• The fear of dentists is inherent to most people, no matter they have autism or not. Are you scared of "big drilling machines"? Forget it, we are living in 21 century. Professional dental clinics, such as [removed by Mod] provide everything to make the surgery as comfy as possible. If even the dentist uses drilling, it will be under good pain relievers, so you won't feel anything. Believe me, you don't want to wait until your teeth cause hellish pain. None of the drilling machines is even close to that feeling.

[edited by Suzanne Mod]

Children
No Data