This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dentist

Hello my name is Simon I have been diagnosed with autism recently and I am thinking about going to the dentist soon but I have a ginormous fear of the dentist I haven’t been since I was at school I have a bad tooth it’s got a big cavity and it’s black inside it doesn’t hurt and I brush my teeth 2 times a day and use mouthwash but I know I can’t put it of forever.

does anyone have any advice should I mention that I’m autistic would that help?

Parents
  • There are a lot of things you can do with teeth. Sometimes you have to have them removed. Sometimes they have to be replaced or repaired, or cleaned. And sometimes, you can get a new set of teeth implanted in your mouth. But none of the things you can do with teeth is something you want to do for yourself. The reason is that what you want from your teeth depends on where they are in your mouth. I follow all the advice I got from the experts that work at [link deleted by moderator]. They have treated me better than anyone else.

• There are a lot of things you can do with teeth. Sometimes you have to have them removed. Sometimes they have to be replaced or repaired, or cleaned. And sometimes, you can get a new set of teeth implanted in your mouth. But none of the things you can do with teeth is something you want to do for yourself. The reason is that what you want from your teeth depends on where they are in your mouth. I follow all the advice I got from the experts that work at [link deleted by moderator]. They have treated me better than anyone else.

Children
No Data