This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Dentist

Hello my name is Simon I have been diagnosed with autism recently and I am thinking about going to the dentist soon but I have a ginormous fear of the dentist I haven’t been since I was at school I have a bad tooth it’s got a big cavity and it’s black inside it doesn’t hurt and I brush my teeth 2 times a day and use mouthwash but I know I can’t put it of forever.

does anyone have any advice should I mention that I’m autistic would that help?

Parents
  • Simon, the only thing I can think of that might be comforting to you is the great feeling of relief you feel after you come out of the dentist. I'm not going to pretend it's a pleasant experience but it's really not that bad compared to other things such as being in continuous pain for days. Isn't it worth putting up with 1/2 an hour or so of discomfort to be out of bad pain? I think it is. Simon, ask yourself what's the worse that can happen? I've been to the dentist many times over my lifetime and I still came out of it okay without any terrible effects.

• Thanks I’m definitely going to go just plucking up the courage I think it’s a long waiting list unless I go private don’t know if I can afford that at the moment.

Reply Children
No Data