Difficulty getting back on here with new NAS security system

So why did NAS. Change the login arrangements. Making it complicated to get back on here.

surely they could have made it easier for the users?

anyone els e found it annoying? And loads of duplicates and awkward messaging.

nice pictures but poor funtionality and lots of grief for us users

Parents
  • So I thought it was just me - all different. Lost my security info -took several attempts to get into site and all my history has gone- not to mention - after telling me I did not even have an account when once I finally rejoined it managed to indicate I had an active membership ???weird

- Also there seems to be  a lack of content? or is it just me?- I used to be able to access loads of info, resources and great reads. I find all the links lead to nowhere and most of the topics etc not here anymore - why was it changed?  Unable to get any of the info I need today.  

• I find all the links lead to nowhere

...I am still here when this post appears! So I am curious and give a bit of (useless?) info... It is Friday, so whatever We all write here might not get a reply until Monday. Also... which "links" do You mean... unless You mean a lot of the links to NAS articles in which case then YES You are correct! (copy a few links to show what You might mean.)

... Yet another 'Issue', Whoaah...

• How about a rating scale 1-5. 3 is equivalent to previous,  4 mild improvement, 5 good improvement,2 a little worse, 1 much worse.

so far it seems all the changes have been for the administration benefit. Such now seems the world, that big organisations, walk over individuals.

• aidie is correct that the sign-in system was replaced because it was running on an older system. Support ceases for these older systems in the same way as for Windows, for example, and indeed for older versions of Android and iOS on phones and mobile devices. Once support ends, new security issues that develop may not be fixed by the supplier.

To take proper care of your accounts, we need to update systems from time to time in this way. We also need to adapt to new techniques in building Web pages, which for example support accessibility better. It then becomes difficult to support the oldest browsers still in use, because these do not work with the new methods. So, for example, we are not completely supporting Internet Explorer; for similar reasons, Microsoft are strongly encouraging all Internet Explorer users to switch to Edge instead. This does not mean, however, that you need the very latest devices to visit this forum.

Changing platforms also allowed us the opportunity of adding "social sign-ins" for users of Facebook, Twitter, etc. As I have mentioned elsewhere, if you create a new sign-in using your previous email address, you should regain access to your account.

We are continuing to work on other issues.

• Um... Glad Tidings, Mr. DaveAsperg...as You began this Thread and I put a lot on it, and then You post as directly at Me, I should, um, *try* to say a bit of something... I Myself would say "3.5 to 4", upon the scale You suggest there, since the previous 2 updates...

...I have been waiting for oppertunity to say this next weird coincidence, however! Sometimes I buy a certain (paper) Magazine called "Web User": In issue 510 about 2 weeks ago, they did a little piccy of NAS' Website, and rated it 5/5! (Presumably their review did not include this "Community" part and did not use old Tablets to review it.)

...As often, I agree with Mr.Plastic and Mr.Aidie below/above. But debates fill Me with wobbly-quivery-running-away feelings... sorry. Thank You for this Thread, certainly.

• yes of couse, it is in their benefit because NAS have to pay for and maintain this forum. They have to keep the underlining infrastructure up-to-date in technology used  and probably for security reasons.    

Reply Children
No Data