Successful autists

They're physicists or engineers of whatever. They excel at education, they get married, they don't get diagnosed until they're 40 or older.

Because they're not as autistic as us. They don't have what we have and their success only offers false hope to those who have failed all education miserably and live with their parents, receiving disability benefits or suffering in shitty bottom of the ladder jobs and never getting laid in their lives.

That's my opinion.

Parents
  • I am diagnosed with ASD and graduated with a masters degree in engineering but I quickly learned that it was probably not the career for me. Even though I was a quick learner at technical things I believe that I lost my jobs due to social struggles, although the company structure and other people are also partly to blame.

Nowadays I work on online projects and I feel much happier doing this even though I'm on benefits I hope that I can make one of these work. My definition of success has changed over the last couple of years and I beleive that someone who is "career successful" is no happier than someone who is on benefits or in a "working class" job. In fact in my experienceI have found that most of the enjoyable jobs with the best people are "working class" ones, as opposed to more skilled professions which feels like a constant competition to look professional and is ultimately boring. I hated the office environment and the politics + being stuck at a desk all week and would happily take doing something I enjoy with less money over that. That is a big statement for me to admit to as I have always been money orientated and looking to become rich.

I think there are many truely successful people which seem to have traits of ASD who started businesses etc. I believe the reason they are truely successful is because they develop an obsession with becoming rich and put everything into their business which they love. So I define truely successful as someone who does what they love as well as making lots of money rather than your typical professional who is probably overworked for the pay they are receiving at the end of the month

• I am diagnosed with ASD and graduated with a masters degree in engineering but I quickly learned that it was probably not the career for me. Even though I was a quick learner at technical things I believe that I lost my jobs due to social struggles, although the company structure and other people are also partly to blame.

Nowadays I work on online projects and I feel much happier doing this even though I'm on benefits I hope that I can make one of these work. My definition of success has changed over the last couple of years and I beleive that someone who is "career successful" is no happier than someone who is on benefits or in a "working class" job. In fact in my experienceI have found that most of the enjoyable jobs with the best people are "working class" ones, as opposed to more skilled professions which feels like a constant competition to look professional and is ultimately boring. I hated the office environment and the politics + being stuck at a desk all week and would happily take doing something I enjoy with less money over that. That is a big statement for me to admit to as I have always been money orientated and looking to become rich.

I think there are many truely successful people which seem to have traits of ASD who started businesses etc. I believe the reason they are truely successful is because they develop an obsession with becoming rich and put everything into their business which they love. So I define truely successful as someone who does what they love as well as making lots of money rather than your typical professional who is probably overworked for the pay they are receiving at the end of the month

Children
No Data